Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
billytuppy

New sky talk line but no incoming calls.

New line installed 2 hours ago however I am unable to receive incoming calls. Any ideas???

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Re: New sky talk line but no incoming calls.

Hi billytuppy,

Do you have a dial tone and can make outgoing calls?

What happens if you try dialling your own number from another phone?

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
billytuppy

I have a dial tone and I am able to make outgoing calls.

I have tried to call from a mobile phone but I am unable to connect.

I have reconnected to my virgin line which is the same number as I have ported it across and I am still receiving calls through that line.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

If you make a call from your new line to your Mobile, is it the correct number that displays on the Mobile display?

Are you still able to use the Virgin line for outgoing calls also?

Robert-B
Community Coordinator

billytuppy

The same number is displayed when using both the virgin and sky lines to make outgoing calls.

I can still make outgoing and receive calls on the virgin line.

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

It appears the line has not been fully ported over if the Virgin line is still working.

I would advise to dial 150 from your Sky line which will connect you to a Sky advisor who can check your Sky Talk status on your account.

Robert-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
R+Hughes

Hi Since yesterday morning my phone has a very loud white noise on it when I try to ring out or when recieving calls I reported it to the sky tec dept and an enginier tried all his diagnostic checks for half and hour but could not find what the problem was and he said he would report it to another dept and that they would get in touch with me on my mobile number in the next 72 hours which I think is not good enough as I live with my 88 year old mother whom cant use a mobile please help me sooner

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi R+Hughes, 

I'm sorry to hear this, your case will have been escalated to our Customer Solutions Team who will be working with Openreach to locate and fix the fault. This process does take time which is why we quote up to 72 hours for a response. 

You can track the progress of your case by logging in to www.sky.com/trackmyfault

Robert
Community Coordinator

billytuppy

Called sky this morning and the fault was with Virgin not releasing the number. Sky tech guys called BT Open reach and they sorted the problem.

Thank you for your help Robert-B :manhappy:

Occasional Visitor
jay2

help, help, help, it has taken 6 months to get sky talk and broadband installed and up and running, and still i have a lingering problem.  My phone and boroadband are installed however i still do not recieve incoming calls, virgin are saying they have cancelled the line , sky are saying after all the checks thaey have done the line is working ok and it must be virgin who have not cllosed the line.  i m fed up of being passed around, i believe as my new subscribers sky should pull there finger out and sort it out, i have tried all the usual un plugging everything, trying a different phone, trying the virgin line and nothing works .  Help is required before i go mad O_o thanks

Staff (Retired)
hadouken-andy

Hi jay2,

Are you still experiencing issues receiving calls?

Occasional Visitor
tony+1960

Hi I can ring out but cannot receive calls don't no how long this has been going on came over from bt in September

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi tony+1960, 

I can see that this is your first post on the forum so welcome.

Can you tell us if you have tried any of the troubleshooting steps on the Sky Help Centre for this issue?

If you have and are still experiencing problems, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Help team to report the issue so that this can be investigated further.

Thanks.

Robert
Community Coordinator