Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Ian70
Accepted Solution

New sky hub + nat port forwarding

Hi there,
Just took delivery of a Sky Hub but can't see any options in the admin console to forward ports to my local machine using nat (mapping inbound ports to another port on my local device).

Is this possible?

Thank you in advance.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Explorer
CMellowship

Re: New sky hub + nat port forwarding

It is possible, you have to create a "service", dedicate a port (or range of ports to it). Once you have done that you can then forward the "service" you have created to an iP address for inbound and/or outbound connections. hope that helps.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I talk.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Ian70

Hi there, thanks for the information.

I can see the ability to create a service and map ports to *the same ports* but I believe that option doesn't enable me to map inbound ports to a different port on my device (eg map port 80 to port 8888).

Is that possible?

Thank you for your quick response.

Ian
Explorer
CMellowship

Sorry my mistake, I thought you wanted to forward a port to a specific IP address.

Officially I know that Sky "doesn't allow" port forwarding, I found my answers on google.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/tutorials/port_forward_on_a_sky_sagem_f_st2504n_router.html

For an old router but might help.

Getting There
Ian70

Thank you for the find!

I'll take this up with sky and post back here with the answer.

Have a good day!
Getting There
Ian70

Just an FYI on this, sky originally told me that port forwarding was allowed.

I'll look into it. Thanks!
Explorer
CMellowship

In my experiance Sky say a lot of things...

Getting There
Halley

Hi

Did you mange to resolve this? I have a similar issue.  I just had a new sky fibre optic hub installedoday and I need to set up port forwarding for an ip camera.  The camera is set up with a fixed ip adress and external port but i cant understand how to map this with an internal port.  It should be the same for setting up a fixed ip for xbox etc.  Does anyone know how to do this? it was dead easy when i had an old wanadoo box before.

Getting There
Ian70

Hi there,

I had another chat with a Sky support person.

Port forwarding is possible. Port mapping (so remapping an external port to *a different* internal port) is not possible with this hub. Maybe a firmware update will enable that.

Does your camera run it's own http server? If so, you'd need to forward http traffic requests to the ip address/port of the camera.

Which camera is it?

Getting There
Halley

Hi Ian

Thanks for your response.  The cameras are Panasonic BB-HCM531.

When setting them up originally I had to allocate a fixed ip address and a port number.  These where then put into the router settings but on teh old router you mapped internal and external port numbers.  Not sure about about your question as to whether the camera runs off its own http: server.  I used to be able to view them remotely over the internet via dyndns if that means anything to you.

Do you think it is possible? On the old router I also had to fix ip addresses for playstation and x-box which wouldnt work otherwise and I recall the process of port forwarding was similar, but this sky set up looks different.  Any ideas?

How did you eventually manage to set up port forwarding?

Paul  

Getting There
hisoka

I have followed the same principle of the previous router for port mapping and check the tutorials as well:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Setup-Connection-WiFi/Sky-Hub-How-to-Configure-Port-Forwarding...

That show exactly what I am trying to do and what I have on my router configuration... But no luck, I cannot connect while I had no pb with my old router before... Anything else I am missing on the new router?