Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
MI-LeChuck

New "Original" Sky Remote or a Fake/Clone?

Just bought a new Rev8 Sky Remote which was supposed to be 100% Genuine.

However when I press Select and the Red Button the Red Light comes on solid instead of blinking twice.

Have been advised that when entering code that if it flashes twice and stays on the code is wrong.

None of the codes "work" on this new remote despite working on a different Remote.

Does the light staying on mean that the remote is a fake/clone and not original.

Also tried pressing Select and Yellow to "reset" the remote but the light just constantly flashes rapidly.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: New "Original" Sky Remote or a Fake/Clone?

Remember to press 'tv' first, then 'Select & red' together ( remote LED flashes twice ) to start programming the remote for your tv.  If this does not happen, the remote is either faulty ( unlikely ), or it's a cheap non-programmable clone ( likely ).

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
MI-LeChuck

Hi kenneth I press TV first, then red button & select for a couple of seconds and then the red light comes on permanently but doesn't flash
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

It obviously doesn't have a tv chip with tv codes, so I'd suggest getting a proper Sky remote.