Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
florence22

New Sky+ remote not working with sky box!

Hello,

We have bought a new sky+ remote control, it works fine with the television but we cannot get it to work with the Sky+ box.

I have searched these forums and tried the other users suggestions and followed every instruction but to no avail !!!

Is there anyone out there who would be kind enough to suggest any solutions to get it working as I am ready to throw it out the window!!! its very frustrating!

Our tv is an LG 32LH5000 and the tv code sky code finder gave us is 2210

The new remote is 9rev.

Thankyou

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Re: New Sky+ remote not working with sky box!

Hi florence22,

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the community :smileyhappy:

Can you try the following procedure:

• Press TV
  • Hold select and the yellow button together until you see two flashes on the remote control
  • Press number 1
  • Press select
  • Press Sky

Please let me know if this works?

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
florence22

Dear Anne,

Thank you very much for replying and welcoming me to the community!

I have tried these instructions and no, it didn't work!!!! Grrr! I tried it several times but still not working with the sky+ box!

If you have any other suggestions I would be very grateful indeed!

Thanks again and have a great weekend,

sam

Occasional Visitor
RCully

Anne,
I had the same problem as florence22 - but for me, YOUR INSTRUCTIONS WORKED A TREAT.

But annoying that you have to do this in the first place.

Thanks
Occasional Visitor
marcanwend

i used this remedy onb my umc tv and it worked perfectly. thanks very much, bought the new remote a week ago and it hadn't worked until i used this remedy. cheers buddy

Visitor
Green+Ridges

Try the following

To work on a standard Sky+ box with a Sky+HD remote:

Press TV, hold Select & i together until the LED light flashes twice, press 1 then Select.

Occasional Visitor
Emmamc78

This worked pefectly and saved me £65  because the adviser said i needed a service call!! thankyou :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
imthedaddy1971

it worked for me many thanks

Visitor
sandra1234567

Worked for me thank you. These instructions should be with the remote!

Occasional Visitor
Ashley420Bray

I had the same issue with my LG and this solved the problem of turning it on and off but does not control the volume !! Can this be resolved ?

Occasional Visitor
Fabulousity

This worked perfectly! thanks for this instruction. We were almost chucking the remote in the bin.

You are fabulous!