Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Nicola0110

New Sky HD box stuck on standby

I had sky multiroom installed about a month ago and today the box has stopped working.  I tried the age old remedy of switching it off and leaving it for a while, and then followed a useful link posted by someone else to force a software download - by holding down the back up button and switching it on - but it's still not working!

An engineer is coming out on Friday which is very frustrating as I'm going to have to wait in. Has anyone else successfully fixed this problem when the software download didn't work?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: New Sky HD box stuck on standby

[ Edited ]

Presumably the box  ( Make/Model? ) is stuck in standby.  Not a good start is it?:smileysad:

Try a manual reformat.  Switch off at the mains.  Hold down and keep holding down the Left and Right navigation buttons on the digibox, either side of the Select button.  Switch on again at the mains.  When the blue circular recording light comes on, let go of the buttons and press Select.  The blue light will circle backwards, and the reformat begins.  It is complete when the box returns to standby.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Nicola0110

Hi Kenneth,

From what I can tell the model is DRX 595 - it looks to be made by Sky as thats the only name I can find.  I helpfully threw out the box!

Its a non recording box so when I followed your instructions it just went from a red standby light to an organge standy light!

Thanks though 

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

No, my instructions won't work as they refer to a Sky+HD box.  As you have posted your problem in the Sky+HD section of the forum, I assumed this was the case.   

I'm afraid you'll have to wait till the Sky installer appears on Friday.

Super User
kato

Have you gone through this link?http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-hd/picture-problems/box-stuck-in-standby/

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
Nethergate142

Thank you! I am new to Sky and did something which resultd in a small picture in top rtight of screen. Whatever I did next, it turned into updating system software -10 mins which became an hour. The simple unplug and pressing the two arrrows did the trick.Very grateful 

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi Nethergate142, 

First of all I would like to apologise for the delay in welcoming you to the community. 

I just wanted to thank you for letting other members of the forum know how you managed to fix your problem. I am sure that this feedback will help.

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
shasow7912

this one worked got my box up and running and also will wipe ur planner out and the anytime plus

Occasional Visitor
tinaphillips1968

Hi, I've just tried the manual reformat, it worked but it didnt do the blue circle , but my sky boxes is back on

Thanks