Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Pro
merv60

New Dynamo

Can anyone tell me if New Dynamo: Magician Impossible on Watch HD next Thursday at 9pm is in fact brand new or a repeat. I haven't had a Never Miss email about it, but then the new season of The Big C starts next Thursday & I haven't had my NM reminder for that. Thank you.

2TB STB 46" 3DLEDHDTV 3D Blu ray player/HCS
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: New Dynamo

It is a brand news series that is starting on Watch on Thursday at 9pm.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Pro
merv60

Thanks for reply, but can someone at Sky tell me why I haven't received the 2 Never Miss reminder emails for Dynamo & The Big C, both of which are on in 4 days time. I thought I should be getting the reminders at least 1 week in advance. I have checked my emails today, nothing there, & yes, I have both programmes in my NM box, both set to New Seasons.

On The Up
Shane.91

The Never Miss system is a bit of a hit and miss. I got a reminder about Top Gear starting on Sunday, the Monday after. Lickily I'd seen the adverts for it.
Staff
kirkie50

Hi merv60

Sorry to read you are having an issue with Never Miss.

If you have set up a reminder then it should be sent as soon as the programme appears in the EPG  (so 7 days before it starts)

Let us know if you have received reminders for Dynamo and The Big C as yet please.

Thanks

Staff
kirkie50

Hi Shane.91

Apologies for the Never Miss Email reminder for Top Gear

This was an error on our part I had one set up myself and like you was lucky to see an advert for it.

I would have seen the repeat but that's not the point.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

Pro
merv60

Hi Kirkie 50, I've checked my emails for today & still no sign of any reminders. The last NM reminder I received was for Dexter which started yesterday. The next ones I'm expecting ( apart from the ones we're talking about ) are for Suburgatory & Falling Skies, both of which are back this month.

I do generally keep on top of shows that I like as regards new seasons but sometimes something slips past, that's why I like the Never Miss service.

Staff
kirkie50

Hi mrev60

Its a pain when it doesn't work that's for sure :-(

Try the following please and let me know if they come in again please.

Delete the existing reminders from Never Miss then sign out of My Sky.

Sign back in and go to Never Miss search for the content and add the reminders again.

Let us know how you get on please.

Thanks

Protégé
shavy

"This was an error on our part I had one set up myself"

I like Kirkie`s honesty, very refreshing. BTW I got my reminder for Dynamo today...and also Hotel Transylvania, maybe the issue has been resolved.

Pro
merv60

Hi Kirkie 50, cheers for advice, thankfully I didn't need to do all that, which I'm glad about as I have a lot of programmes in my NM box. Got the emails for both Dynamo & The Big C after all. Hopefully future NM reminders will be a bit speedier.

Whilst I've got you here, maybe you could satisfy my curiousity on another matter? Whilst looking through the lists of films in the On Demand section I see some have symbols as well, one looks like a Play button icon, the other a small strip of film. Do they mean anything & if so, what? Thanks.

Staff
kirkie50

Hi merv60

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for the delay in responding.

Glad to see you got the reminders and hopefully there are no further issues.

The icons you mentioned indicate that when clicked on you can see a short trailer of the content (quite a handy feature)

I hope this clears that up for you and if you have any other queries let us know please.

Thanks