Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
mfaser979

Neighbour is using my wifi

Help my neighbour is using my wifi to download stuff whilst I'm using it I tried to change the password but it won't let me I have the mini skybox type router black and silver some how they have the password??? What can I do to stop them it's p&£()?@ing me off when I'm watching Netflix it crashes or (buffering) all the time
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Neighbour is using my wifi

When you say it will not let you, why won't it because you should be able to change your password by logging into your router via this link: http://192.168.0.1 Username - admin Password - sky And you can change this via the "Wireless Settings" page. While you are there you might want to change the password you used to login to your router (the "sky" one) to something else. This can be done via Maintenance > Broadband Set Up.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
8244AK75

I have the same issue since yesterday! I got home and the name of my wifi had vanished and been replaced with a "hackedbyneigbour". Despite resetting the router, changing the SKY..... ID, changing password, etc... my internet is now extremely slow, so slow that i can't even log onto iTunes from my iPad. Internet seems fine for a couple of website then it get stuck and can't go any further. I have tried changing the channel and the mode to no avail... Any help or advice would be great :smileyhappy:
Nilsatis

As Caserome says this is all you need to do, however i will pm instruction on how to block them with the firewall and whoever needs to also, pm me.
Other ISP Troll Spotter.