Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
dozymare

Need extension lead - what do I ask for?

Hi there, hope you don't mind me popping in, never knew this place existed before tonight!  I've moved my tv and the leads won't reach my sky+ box...there are three leads that come from outside, I assume from the dish outside; one goes to the phoneline and the other two went into the back of the sky+ box.  I need to buy some kind of extension lead, but what do I ask for in currys/dixons? 

would be grateful for any advice :-)

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: Need extension lead - what do I ask for?

See: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD/my-cable-is-too-short/m-p/205607#M15020

For the phone extension, this goes from the back of the box to the phone point.  It's a RJ11-to-BT cable.  Ask the shop for whatever length you need.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi dozymare, we don't mind at all hope you find the forums useful. Some of the bigger electrical retailers/DIY stores sell ready made satellite extension cables for the dish connections although as suggested having one made to length is also an option especially if you don't want excess cable left lying around. Most big electrical stores/supermarkets sell telephone extensions.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
dozymare

Thanks, guys - managed to get them today and sky working again!  Now, just to figure out how to use the dvd recorder (only had it two years!) and see if I can catch up on the shows I  missed.

Thanks again, much appreciated :-)

Occasional Visitor
PaulOTBC

Hello dozy mare, where did you finally get your extension lead from? I've got the same problem!
Kind regards
Paul
Super User
Mark39

Hi Paul, bearing in mind dozymare's post is 2 years old, you may not get a reply. You should be able to find the extension lead you want in B&Q, Homebase, etc. If not, I'm sure Satcure will be please to make one up for you if you tell them what you want.

Occasional Visitor
PaulOTBC

Thanks Mark, didn't think to check the date!!!
I'll get onto Satcure to be safe,
Kind regards,
Paul.