Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
FENWAY
Accepted Solution

NO SIGNAL BEING RECEIVED

Can someone please explain to me why I have no sky channels. Sky 1,2,3 Sky, Sports 1,2,3,4, Sky News and Sky Sports News all say No signa lis being received, while all BBC channels and all ITV channels are fine. I have tried resetting the box, unplugging it from the mains for half an hour but this has no effect.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: NO SIGNAL BEING RECEIVED

[ Edited ]

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus/error-messages/no-satellite-signal/

Have a go at working through the links here. Failing that if you use the search facility at the top of the page and enter the word 'signal' in it it will find a load of other threads with the same issue, infact here is another one just under your thread:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Digibox-Sky-Accessories/Snow-and-No-Satellite-Signal-Being-Received/...

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
Musicdog

I turned off my sky hd box for 3 minutes as suggested and now I get no signal AND all my recorded programmes have disappeared from my planner. Any advice on that? 

Regular Visitor
Musicdog

Got a solution which seems obvious now. My dish was covered in snow so I cleared that and all the channels returned as well as programmes in the planner.

Occasional Visitor
bruce4

no signal being received

Visitor
Maid+Marian09

Hi Musicdog

Brilliant solution and it most definitely works.  We were without sky for about 3 hours and was told  by Sky 'that it will come back on when the weather improves', which is very ambiguous!!  My husband decided to do what you suggested, bit dangerous as the dish is on the side of the building, so in approximately 5" of snow (we live in London), he decided to get a ladder out and a broom with a long handle and low and behold, back came Sky.  So thanks for your excellent suggestion.  I suggest that anyone who can reach their sky aerial safely should do the same, but be very carefu.

Occasional Visitor
mermaids2

Duh, talk about stating the obvious. We felt such fools. Thank you for pointing this out as we were giving up and resigning ourselves to no Sky viewing whatsoever. Thank you once again. xxx

Tartan+Lady

Fantastic hours with no TV then found this better than the sky operators

Occasional Visitor
Bigbird63

Brilliant! brushed the snow off and all movie channels returned. Why couldn't Sky have put this on their error message or website? Simple solution that would be good for customer service and prevent frustrtation and angry phone cals.

Occasional Visitor
CharlieHarper

Just popped out and did the same.. its working,strange that it was okay beforehand with the snow on it.

Super User
caesarome

Bigbird63 wrote:

Why couldn't Sky have put this on their error message or website? Simple solution that would be good for customer service and prevent frustrtation and angry phone cals.

Because if they did put this on their website and someone hurt themseleves by falling of a ladder or something then they could be in a spot of bother legal wise.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
tina79

my sky dish is iced over and iv lost all my channels plz wat can i do my kids r driving me mad!!!!!

Occasional Visitor
tom+molloy

You are lucky,the engineer told me my dish has an intermitten fault!!!

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi bruce4, If it is snowing heavily outside you may see the on screen message no satellite signal being received. If the weather clears and you still experiencing the problem please follow the instructions for your Digibox or Sky+ and if this does not help you would need to contact us to discuss a service call.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
JohnB1967

we have been without signal for 3 DAYS!!! we have tried everything, even on the phone for over to hours with the technical department and we are paying alot of money each month for the full HD package. The wont send out an engineer because of health and safety reasons, cos the engineer wont drive in the snow. Its becoming a joke, especially with the prospect of no tv for christmas, i am tempted to go to Virgin Media if i get nowhere. Had enough.:womanmad: