Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Henry737

NBA 2013/2014 on sky sports???

Hi,

Can anyone confirm whether the upcoming NBA season will be shown on sky sports like it was last year??

Many thanks in advance...
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
LiamC88

Re: NBA 2013/2014 on sky sports???

Good evening Henry737,

Thanks for taking your time to post and welcome to the forum!

I would love to have a definite answer for you on this but at this stage nothing has been confirmed as to whether the NBA will return to Sky Sports. I will certainly investigate this further and once I have an answer I will let you know as soon as possible.

In the meantime if you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks

Liam
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
SuperDerby88

Have you found anything out Liam? With only 2 weeks until the start of the season it's getting late.

I'll be looking to cancel my SS subscription for the NBA League Pass if it's not on.

Occasional Visitor
Paracetamol

Hi,

I've also been keeping an eye on this forum waiting for an answer.  I know ESPN are showing some games, but not all.  I really hope Sky will be showing the Heat/Bulls game.  We've only got a few weeks left.

Let me know if you find anything.

Occasional Visitor
SuperDerby88

Hi Paracetemol, where have you seen that about ESPN? From what I can see they have no rights to the NBA so far.

Liam have you found anything out yet? 19 days ago you said you would investigate this. I and many others who have read this thread would certainly appreciate a reply.

Occasional Visitor
Paracetamol

[ Edited ]

Well I can't say that I've actually watched a game on there, but it is on their online schedule.  Here I'll give you a link:

ESPN Schedule

You can see that the Nets, Celtics game is on on the 23rd.

I hope that helps.  I really hope Sky do start showing it though, because it was the main reason we recently brought the Sports package.

Visitor
luke316192

Do you know if this has been resolved yet? I am hoping to watch the upcoming games on skysports

Frequent Contributor (Platinum)
AlanStitt

Hi everyone

The first game of the season in Miami will be shown on sky sports on October 29th

Alan

Occasional Visitor
SuperDerby88

Hi Alan can I ask where that's come from? Is there a deal for the season?

If correct that's brilliant news!
AlanStitt

@SuperDerby88 

Sky Sports have the NBA rights from 2013/2014 and 2015.

I'll find where I found out and post here.

Alan

AlanStitt

Occasional Visitor
SuperDerby88

All that says is when the fixtures are, nothing about TV rights!
Occasional Visitor
Lees4236

Agreed, that link says nothing about a Sky deal. Kevin Cadle tweeted today and said that he doesn't know if Sky are picking up the contract.

The season starts on Tuesday. Will SOMEONE please provide us with some info?

Occasional Visitor
fizzylauren

I'm really hoping it'll be confirmed soon, NBA is one of the main reasons we upgraded to sky sports...

Occasional Visitor
Henry737

LiamC88,

You said you would investigate this and get back to me. Can you now confirm whether Sky will cover the upcoming NBA season please!?

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you very soon.