Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Caroline+-+Kent

My sky router doesn't have a WPS button, so how can I connect my wifi printer to my Ipad?

No WPS so how can I connect my wifi printer to my ipad?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Ian-M-

Hi Caroline+-+kent,   Thanks for posting and welcome to t...

Hi Caroline+-+kent,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Sky Help Forum.

If this router does not have a WPS button then you will not be able to use WPS set up. 

You can however find your network name and password, located on the sticker on the router. Once you have these details, consult the manual for your printer on how to input these settings.

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Caroline+-+Kent

Re: Hi Caroline+-+kent,   Thanks for posting and welcome to t...

I can enter my details to set up manually, but since the ipad has neither a disc drive or USB point, this is impossible.
It appears I'm going to have to spend most of this months Disability benefit, purchasing your upgraded router. Which I have just noticed has just doubled in price! So thank you Sky!! Especially as we have our broadband, phone & full tv package with you!

I look forward to sky's response, but quite honestly I'm thinking ill be much better off using other providers after this!
Visitor
Ty+Isaf

I have just purchased a Canon PIXMA MG4250 printer .    I...

I have just purchased a Canon PIXMA MG4250 printer .    I have started to install it using the instructions and have go to where I connect wirelessly.   I HAVE TO CONNECT WIRELESS lAN SETUP.    The onscreen display on the printer says to press the WPS button on my Sky router.  There is not onw on mine.    Its just a router.   What do I do next please.

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi Ty+Isaf,   Welcome to our forum :smileyhappy:   Our ne...

Hi Ty+Isaf,

Welcome to our forum :smileyhappy:

Our newer routers have the WPS buttons on them however older ones will support devices such as wireless printers.

As we are unable to offer support on setting up 3rd party equipment to Sky routers, this information should be in the user manual or maybe one of our members could assist you with this.

Thanks.

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.