Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
Impythechimpy

My sky Sports 1 Hd has stopped working , as has Living Hd. Please help.

I believe it is a transponder issue. Is there anything I can do to fix it or do I need an engineer out?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visionary
Moggy1059

Re: My sky Sports 1 Hd has stopped working , as has Living Hd. Please help.

[ Edited ]

Try rebooting your box. If that fails, give Sky a call to see if they can offer a resolution.

DRX890 (4f31a5), 890W (4f3128) and 1TB 895 (4f3154)
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
kirkie50

[ Edited ]

Not good that you are having problems with Sky Sports 1HD and Living HD Impythechimpy.

If you have tried to reboot the box and still get the same issue try the following please?

The channels are on different transponders Sports 1HD is 21 and Living HD is 5 so I don't think its a transponder issue.

Press Standby. Standby light displays.

If a cordless telephone is in use and is connected to the same socket as the Sky box, make sure to only unplug the Sky box, not the phone.

Switch off the Sky box power supply or remove the plug at the mains socket.
    Switch all connected equipment to standby then disconnect at the mains socket.
    Confirm No lights remain on the Sky box or any connected equipment.

For your own safety, unplug / switch off any connected equipment at power supply prior to checking cabling.

At the rear panel of the Sky box, one at a time carefully unscrew each dish input connector.

Check:

the f-connector is secure and the cable does not come away from the metal housing
    the inner wire core, which you can see through central nozzle of the f-connector, is not bent or has snapped
    the cable does not have sharp bends, that it is not trapped (under furniture for example) and there is no damage to the outer sheathing of the cable

Re-connect the dish input cables ensuring both are finger tight and secure.
    Check all other rear panel connectors are seated correctly.
    Switch the Sky box power supply back ON at the mains socket and ensure standby light displays.
    Switch on all the other equipment that was disconnected, including the TV.
    Press Sky on the Sky remote. The green light displays.

I will move your post to the relevant board and if you could come back to us there if you need more assistance

Thanks

Getting There
kyllrr

[ Edited ]

Last week I got the very same issue with Sky Sports 1 HD and Sky Living HD. It says there is no signal only on these 2 channels. I have checked all cables and my signal levels and quality are all good. Sky want to send an engineer but it seems like a bit strange to me.... Any suggestions???

Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

[ Edited ]

Good morning kyllrr,

It's great to read that you are one of our Sky Sports customers and hopefully we will be able to help with you.

As you have mentioned that you are getting the message on screen saying 'No Satellite Signal is being received' then we would ask you to try the steps which are listed here. If they are unsuccessful then the next step would be to book an engineer to attend as you have been advised by our colleagues over the phone.

If you can let us know how you get on by replying to my post whenever you get a chance.

Thanks

Wise Council
John8372

[ Edited ]

This is common reoccurring problem. Something makes the channels on 11798 H harder to receive. If you dish is slightly misaligned, you have a problem with your cables or there is a bit of light rain you can lose these channels.

More about it here. http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-Picture-Sound/Sky-HD-no-signal-on-some-channels-but-signal-fine-o...

Yet again this has been going on months and not word from Sky.

Getting There
kyllrr

Thanks Fraser-H and John8372 for the replies.  The problem was resolved by following the instructions in Fraser-H's link to do an "Off mode reset" (basically by pressing the remote power button for 5 seconds). That has saved me 60 euro for a callout, so thanks again.

I'm New Here
Gerald+sleep

Thanks,this worked for me!