Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
Sandydevil

My internet keeps cutting out!

Hi

Myinternet keeps cutting out and has been doing it for about a week, i have tried the trouble shooting but the router just seems to keep cutting out, 

It is getting a bit annoying now, My children have online learning homework and get rather angry when halfway through a test it cuts out and they have to start all over again >.<

Help Please......

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Re: My internet keeps cutting out!

Hi Sandydevil 

Thanks for your post, 

Can you confirm that you have been in the test socket with another microfilter? 

When this cuts out, does the @ light change colour or flash/stay solid? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
Sandydevil

It flashes.... well it stays still for a couple of mins then flickers then stops and flickers and stops :/ its doing it with a new micro filter int he ordanry socket and test socket 

Contributor
Sandydevil

The internet can stay on for an hour or two even somedays without cutting but other times cutting out 4/5 times every hour :/

Retired Staff Member
StacieB

Hi Sandydevil,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can you just confirm that you have tried all steps given here?

Thanks.

Occasional Visitor
v1ks

All these sky advisior are just copying and pasting from one thread to another.

Their standard answer to all problems are, have you tried the test socket or changed the micro filter?

they all need a reality check and training on fixing problems rather than wasting peoples times in going over n over stuff.

Contributor
Sandydevil

Yes i have tried all the steps given, Even checked them all for a second time =/

Yesterday i couldnt even keep the internet running consistantly enough to write a reply to yourselves

Contributor
Sandydevil

Hi i am still here.... And yes its still playing me up rotten....??

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Sandydevil,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, can you tell us if you're noticing a pattern to the disconnections? do they tend to happen around the same time every day?

Can you post the stats from your router by following the steps below so that we can see the conditions present on your line:

1. Log into your router by going to http://192.168.0.1
  2. When prompted, enter the following details in lower case:
    Username: admin
    Password: sky
  3. Click on the Maintenance tab if not already selected.
  4. Scroll down and click on the Show Statistics button.
  5. Copy & Paste the contents of the window that opens up into a reply to this post.

Thanks 

Robert
Community Coordinator

Contributor
Sandydevil

Status of your broadband and wireless network.

BroadbandConnected
WirelessEnabled
Wireless Network Name (SSID)SKYE0144
Wireless Network VisibleYes
Wireless ChannelAuto
Wireless EncryptionWPA/WPA2-PSK

Devices connect to your home network.

Rob-PCWireless
UnknownWireless
UnknownWireless
Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Sandydevil, 

Can you click on the Maintenance tab, scroll to the bottom of that page and click on Show Statistics to open the window up that provides the router stats we're looking for?

Thanks,

Robert
Community Coordinator

Contributor
Sandydevil

[ Edited ]

Contributor
Sandydevil

[ Edited ]

ROUTER STATISTICS

System Up Time: 431:08:27

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up TimeWANLANWLAN

MER573597624700013830:09:12
Up5540519291502401383275431:08:27
Up519707737423470646425431:08:05

ADSL Link Downstream UpstreamConnection SpeedLine AttenuationNoise Margin

12284 kbps797 kbps
20.0 dB12.3 dB
6.9 dB5.5 dB
Contributor
Sandydevil

I would also like to add about the speed! Past week or so the internet speed has been 1million%  awful! it takes ages to upload a page! then crashed and had to wait AGAIN, im fed up i signed up and had great speed and no problems... Now i am highly considering leaving SKy Broadand owing to this lack of service im getting! I use my internet alot to connect and speak with family who live abroad and for my shopping and paperwork (which cannot be delayed) Also my children need it for their online homework and its horrible for them to be halfway through a test and have it cut out so they have to restart the whole thing!

I am also highly contimplating Refusal of payment for sky as its near impossible to use their internet anyway! I am very upset now i was hoping this would have been sorted by now! I cant fault Sky TV and i evemn had a problem with Sky Talk which was very quickly sorted... This is just dragging on though...

Im my opinion this is very unfair... i paid for unlimited internet as i was elad to beilieve was the BEST package i could go for! I now realise it may have been  BIG mistake! =( 

bedell

[ Edited ]

I agree with sandydevil!! Service is <REMOVE>poor! Not impressed at all. I pay Xbox £40/year and sky £35/month!! Sky broadband is now cutting out same time ever night about 4/5 times per hour. Honestly. I am ringing to disconnect

• Edited: Removed inappropriate language