Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
DanielFan

My Sky Remote won't work with my TV anymore

Hi, my daughter took out the batteries from the sky remote, and now it won't work with my TV. The TV is a Samsung tv, and the model number is 42X3030DB. I've already tried the codes 0060, 0646, 0840, 1277 and some other ones I don't remember.

The remote model is 3RC32B-1163 sky+ rev.8R

I'm not sure if im entering the codes correctly or not, but the steps I did it was:

• Cover the front of the remote with my hand and press TV
  • Hold select and the red button until the LED blinks twice
  • Enter the 4 digit code (the LED actually blinked once for me here, not twice)
  • Press Select
  • Cover the front of the remote with my hand and press Sky
  • Then press the volume buttons (and it doesn't work)

Please can you help me

Thank you

Dan

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Re: My Sky Remote won't work with my TV anymore

Hi DanielFan,

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome. I do understand how frustrating this much be. The instructions you are doing are correct, can I ask you to try code 0615.

If this fails can I suggest to remove 1 battery, leave this out for a minute or two then re-insert.

Let us know how you get on.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
DanielFan

Hi, sorry for the late update, I've just come back from holiday. I've just tried the code 0615 and it didn't work. Ive also removed 1 battery from the remote control, and then re-enter the code 0615, and it still didn't work

Is there any other way to make this work?

Community Coordinator
kirkie50

Hi Dan

I hope you had a good holiday.

Try the following please as I think the instructions given previously were a touch vague. Remove one battery and press/ hold the select button for 60 seconds. Then try to control the volume etc.

If this doesnt work try putting in one of the following code again please 0840,0646 or 0615 programme your remote.

Let us know how you get on please.

Thanks

kirkie50
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
DanielFan

Just tried the instructions above and they didn't work either I'm afraid

Super User
Mark39

When you say it doesn't work, do you mean the remote won't program as it should, or do you mean the code doesn't work? That is, after you've pressed the Select and Red buttons, does the red LED flash twice? Does it flash twice again after you've entered the last digit of the 4 digit code?

DanielFan

When I say 'it doesnt work' in my last post, it meant that the instructions did not solve the orginal problem, which was that the remote would not control the volume of my TV or turn on/off my TV. Everything else works fine, eg. changing channels, browsing the guide, recording programs

After entering the code, the LED flashes just once after entering the code. So for example, after I enter the 4th digit of the 4 digit code, the LED flashes just once after the last digit. Its been doing that with every code I've been given/tried, so I'm not entirely sure if it means its working or not

Super User
Mark39

DanielFan wrote:

After entering the code, the LED flashes just once after entering the code.

As you can see from Sky's programming instructions, that's not how it should behave. As you've already tried the reset process, it looks like your remote has become faulty, I'm afraid.

DanielFan

So my remote will not be able to control the volume button or the power on/off button for my TV? Even though it used to do that for the past 3 years, but because it lost one battery for more than a 10 minute period, it is not able to do that anymore? Sorry if I sound furious, I'm just very frustrated, but I just don't believe how a remote will become faulty because it lost power for such a small length of time

Occasional Visitor
Wrin

Hi all

I have read all the way through the threads as I too, have a remote that will not do volume or mute.  I had the same thing happen about 6 months or more ago and bought a new remote.  That made no difference.

I had to get Sky in for a dish problem and then engineer did something and it worked.

About 2 months ago it went again.

What is the link to the detailed instructions as I am confused as to what order things should be done and whether with 1 or 2 batteries, and which LED light you mean:TV, remote or Sky box.

Thanks very much

Jane

Super User
Mark39

You mean the instructions on how to programme your remote? Take a look here.

bravia37

1st time post. hopefully in the correct thread.

Bravia TV works fine as freeview only. 

But, when Sky Box is switched on, a current habit is where the TV will switch itself into what seems a repetitive standby mode, where the Green on-light flickers, making a click, click, clicking sound.

Could it be a Sky remote issue, or the SkyBox?

Would prefer if nobody has had the same issue, but if you have had something similar, a helping hand on the reason, and a possible fix, would be most welcome.

Thank you

Occasional Visitor
neil85

i would like to post the real instructions on how to get the remote control to work with the tv as the ones you are using are incorrect.

My remote control stopped working last night after changing batteries. When the new batteries were in there was a constant red light that was fairly dim and no one can tell what it was for, i searched here and even phoned sky and even the sky representative on the phone gave me the same instructions your using which are wrong.

Not understanding how a remote could suddenly break after changing batteries and after several times trying the suggestions here i went and spent £13 on a new remote.

This worked straight away but didn't control the tv but had a leaflet inside on exactly how to do it which worked.

They were as follows.

1) Ensure the tv and sky are both on with a picture displayed.

2) Find the code for you tv brand. the list was provided, for example sony was 0000.

3) With the remote pointing AT the tv press the tv button.

4) Press red and select until the red light blinks twice.

5) While the remote is FACING the tv, press tv again.

6) Enter the 4 digit code for the tv, the red light should blink twice.

7) Aim at the tv and you should be able to turn the tv off. If you can, press select and the red light blinks twice again storing the code. The remote will now work with the tv. Turn on the tv again, press the sky button and all works.

If the above doesn't work, take the batteries out and try again. it took me 3 attempts for it to work as the above.

I tried my old remote just out of curiosity and surprise surprise it was working fine again, so now have 2 remotes that work perfectly fine.

So if you have the red light it means you need to reset the remote to work with the tv again (unconfirmed, as i asked several times and no one could tell me what the persistant red light actually mean't).

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Afternoon Neil,

Glad to hear from you on the Sky Forum.

Thanks for taking the time to post the instruction on how you managed to get your New Remote programmed to your TV.

Hopefully this will help others also and you come back to the Forum in the future.

Cheers,

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
FlossieToppin

On your remote select 'interactive'. Then go to 'Sky customer service', then to 'programming my remote information'. You will then be asked to find the code number of your remote (take off the cover, the code is inside,). At each stage you will be given further instructions so it's easy. You have to find your model number on the back of your tv and scroll down until that model appears, press select. You will then be given instructions to connect the remote to the tv, given a code number cor fhe remofe and you are good to go. Sounds complicated but it's very easy..just be ready with a pen to write down your code numbers.