Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Tony+Mercer

My BT Infinity won't connect to On Demand.

The cable is live but it does not connect to the On Demand Service. I have reset the box and restarted the hub but still the same problem.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Re: My BT Infinity won't connect to On Demand.

Hi Tony+Mercer,

Welcome to the forum!

Can you let me know if you have had On Demand activated on your account? You can check this via your MySky.  Also, when checking the Network Settings on the box, what shows for local and service connection?

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
daveagle

Hi,

I have Demand ticked on my profile. Both Local and service show fail.

As sky would not connect to Infinity I tried connecting to BTOpenworld. How can I reset to choose another network?

Cheers

Dave

Occasional Visitor
loftus1

Hi Dave

I have exactly the same problem.

I have been trying all morning to connect, but I am experiencng exactly the same problem as you.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Occasional Visitor
daveagle

Hi Loftus1

Given up on wireless and connected with ethernet cable, all works fine. Perhaps Sky don't want any conections unless it's with Sky Broardband !

Cheers

Dave

Occasional Visitor
loftus1

Hi Dave

Thanks for your help, my hub is in another room to my Sky+, so it looks like I will have to do without Anytime!

Regards

Occasional Visitor
Tlemon

I have been through weeks of heartache on this subject - trying to get On demand to work with BT Home Hub 3 (infinity).

The issue is that you can connect to your infinity hub but it will, in time, drop out the service from that hub as it cannot continue to access the Sky on demand service through the router. 

Sky have told me that BT have issued a firmware fix for this but I cannot find it (we are on the latest version of firmware). So if we want to use on demand we have to continually re-boot the BT HH3 hub. Useless really - and Sky awful customer service where they do not have a clue on how to deal with this thru their wonderful off shore CS centers - took me ages to get to a person who could understand me and the problem.

I  also wrote  a letter of complant to the Sky customers services director about the lack of testing they have not done with this device before they sold it to BT hub users like me. All I got back was a standard email asking me to speak to yet another advisor - hopeless company and I have been with Sky for 20 years - must move on to Virgin media I think.