Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Hampshire+Lad
Accepted Solution

Meridian News for Hampshire.

Prior to Sky being installed I used to receive the 6pm evening ITV Meridian news covering the area in which I live.....Hampshire.

Since having Sky, I am only getting Meridian SE which covers Kent/East Sussex etc but not Hampshire etc. 

Spoke to Sky, channels apparently adjusted after helpful but lengthy phone call, but no change once switched back on.

Can somebody please help....I've nothing against Kent, but I would like some local news and weather for a change !

Many thanks.

Paul. 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Re: Meridian News for Hampshire.

Hi Hampshire+Lad,

You mention you called us up and this was adjusted.  After the phone call were you receiving Meridian news but this changed back?

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Hampshire+Lad

Hi Gary,

Thanks for replying. Yes, we did call you up and the young lady was most helpful. HOWEVER, nothing had changed when we re-started the box. We are still receiving (on 103) the ITV Meridian SOUTH EAST news rather than the SOUTHERN one that we need for this area of Hampshire.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Paul.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi Hampshire+Lad,

Have you completed anymore troubleshooting steps apart from restarting the box? Can you confirm which box you have? For example Sky+HD box.

Regards.

Visitor
Hampshire+Lad

Hi GregorA,

We have the black and silver Sky HD box.

I don't see that I should have to do any more trouble shooting .....the problem is quite simple, we have been put on the wrong channel ....all we want is to have the ITV 103 Meridian news for the area in which we live.....i.e Meridian SOUTH.

Our on screen index shows Meridian SE and we are getting all the news from Kent !

Your help much appreciated.

Paul.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Until you get this sorted with Sky/ITV postcode list, you can manually add ITV Meridian South.  On the Sky remote, press Services>Options>Add Channels.  Enter 10.891, H, 22.0, 5/6.  Press yellow to 'Find Channels'.  On the resulting page, highlight ITV 1 Meridian S, then press yellow to store, and Select twice to complete the setup. 

You can then view it in Other Channels in the menu..

Visitor
Hampshire+Lad

Thanks Kenneth, you're a star ! All sorted as suggested.

Kind regards,

Paul.

Visitor
subgaulno

I have been complaining to Sky and other authorities about not receiving Meridian (Southampton ) even though I live in Hampshire (I get Kent local news) .

It was Ok for the first year with Sky having local HampshireITV news but for several years I only have received Kent news.

I was told in 2009 that  "I can confirm that the regional database gives Meridian South East for your postcode and I have recently been informed that there will be no further changes made to the database." by ITV viewer services.

If there is such a simple solution by adding channels why has it taken so long to find this out?

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

subgaulno wrote:

.....If there is such a simple solution by adding channels why has it taken so long to find this out?.....

Manually Adding channels that are not on the Sky EPG, but that are on the Astra2 & Eurobird 1 cluster is a feature that has been around for years on Sky+ and Sky+HD boxes.  All people have to do is ask here or on virtually any other Sky forum ( eg AV Forums, Sky User and Digital Spy ) for the tuning parameters of a specific channel, or have a look for themselves on satellite websites such as KingOfSat

Visitor
DRUSSELL

I have same problem with news channels. Receiving for central region but am in anglia. Cd someone please provide me with the settings for this? Thanks in anticipation.
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi DRUSSELL,

Thanks for making your post to the forum, and sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, we are unable to supply the details required to add other channels to your TV Guide, however the community may be able to assist with this.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
wendyk

This is a problem for us too.  We live in Portsmouth but since the digital change over we have to see Kent news, Kent weather it's driving us nuts.

Why is channel 103 now set up wrong for us in the South?

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi wendyk,

First of all I would like to welcome you to the community, and to also to apologise for the delay in getting back to you.

Can you let me know if this is something that has recently changed, or have you always had this news variation?

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
cocoon

We also have the same problem in Thatcham using the Hannington transmitter, how come BBC are OK and ITV are not ??

Regards

Nigel

Frequent Visitor
Keith+A+W

This is ok for ITV1 what about ITV1 HD ie. Channel 178 not 103