Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
JimmyCE14

Manage Devices

HI good evening,

i logged in to watch some live tv to due to my satalite being down to find that my 2 registered devices been removed and now i cant watch any live content at all, all i get is a message saying that ive reached the maximum number of devices for this month but no registered devices is under manage devices tab.

can anyone help?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Kat-S

Re: Manage Devices

Hi JimmyCE14,

We can certainly give you advice on this :smileyhappy: however, before we do I need to ask you some questions.

Can you tell me:

• What are the two devices you normally use Sky Go on
  • What date it was you last made a change
  • When was the last time you used Sky Go

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
JimmyCE14

• What are the two devices you normally use Sky Go on: 2 pc laptops
  • What date it was you last made a change: 17th
  • When was the last time you used Sky Go: 17th
Staff
Chris-McP

Hi JimmyCE14,

Thanks you for getting back in touch with us regarding SkyGo. I’ll have one of our team look into this further and they will send a Private Message shortly requesting more details.

Would that be okay? 

Getting There
JimmyCE14

Many thanks 

Getting There
Stuart+Tomlinson

When I try to access Sky Go and Sky Sports via the Apps on my iPad mini I am refused entry despite the iPad mini being one of my registered devices. I have tried managing my devices by removing my PC from the list of devices but it won't let me take any further action this month. Why can't I access these applications on this registered device?
Staff
John-B

HI Stuart+Tomlinson, we can certainly try and work out what is going on with your Sky Go issue.

Can you give me the exact error message you are getting when trying to use these apps?

When did you last add any devices? When did you last remove any device?

Do you pay for Sky Go extra?

If you can let me know when you get a minute.

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Getting There
Stuart+Tomlinson

No I haven't subscribed to Sky Go Extra devices.
The message that I now get is: you have reached the maximum number of iOS devices authorised for use with Sky ID.
When I try to manage my devices in order to use my IPad it won't allow me to make changes. Yesterday (19th) I was able to remove my PC, which leaves me with my iPad and an unallocated device available. What do I need yo do now? Please help.
Stuart Tomlinson
Staff
John-B

Hi Stuart+Tomlinson, I think we are getting a little confused here.

The Sky sports TV app for iPad can only be registered on one iPad, the Sky Go app will have the ability to have 2 registered devices for use.

So just to confirm what is happening with Sky Go, your iPad is showing as a registered device, however when you try and use it, your are getting the device limit message, is that correct?

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator

Getting There
Stuart+Tomlinson

Yes that is correct. I believe that my Grandson may have accessed Sky Go on his laptop and possibly his father on another device. Is it possible for me to remove them from my account?
Staff
John-B

Hi again Stuart, yes you can remove the devices.

To remove a device as a registered device, goto Manage Devices on the Sky Go site, you can do this here.

The only issues you may have is that you can only make 1 change per calendar month, so if you grandson or his father have added these devices this month then you wouldn't be able to add any new devices till the 1st of July.

I hope this clears things up for you and if you need anything else just let me know.

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator

Getting There
Stuart+Tomlinson

Yes, to some extent, but why don't their devices show on my display when I try to manage them?
Staff
John-B

They should do Stuart, unless someone has removed them already from the registered devices.

The main point is, if you are getting the device limit reached message, the limit has been reached and you cannot add anohter till next month.

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator

Getting There
Stuart+Tomlinson

Thanks for your help. I must remember to make the changes in July before they do!
Stuart Tomlinson
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hi Stuart+Tomlinson,

Hope you remember to do this :smileyhappy:

If we can be of any further help in future then please let us know.

Thanks