Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
gordonp46

Re: Mailer-Daemon error message back which reads "No MX or A records for xxxx"

I too have had the same Mailer-Daemon error message and have had to resend emails, hoping that they would get through. The latest error message arrived around 19.30 today concerning an email I sent yesterday morning and to which I was expecting a reply. Come on Sky, this service really is not good enough.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Graduate
Dottie747

I've just had my first    "Mailer-Daemon"   this evening which was linked to a  response I had sent to an earlier e-mail  last night?

What on earth is going on Sky?????   I really believed you were maybe getting to grips with all these many problems, but it seems new issues are cropping up every day!

Whenever are you going to finally decide that the Yahoo mail is just never going to work?  It's been almost three months now and still new people are joining here with old and new problems?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Graduate
Dottie747

There appears to be two threads on here started today, both dealing with the same subject???

See " E-mail deliver failures". More people complaining about non-delivery of mail.

Get them streamlined Sky!
Explorer
Sandra+Burns

This is happening to me too. Important emails not getting through and notification not being received until 24 hours later. Not good enough Sky, please get it sorted!!

Explorer
Karen+Latter

Same issue for me ..

Attempted to send 10 emails on Monday advising changed location for an important sports match to the players. 4 emails bounced back some hours later.

Needless to say a complete shambles as people turned up at the wrong place !

Why has this started happening ??

After losing over 50,000 archived emails through the switch to Yahoo, then thousands of old (previously deleted) emails reappearing at random in my inbox being unable to delete them.. this really is beyond a (very unfunny) joke Sky ! Why do I pay over £250 p/m for my tv / telephone/ internet pacakge with you exactly ?? 

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

1) bounced @talktalk.net

No MX or A records for talktalk.net

2) bounced XXX@me.com
No MX or A records for me.com

3) bonced XXX@talktalk.net

No MX or A records for talktalk.net

4) bounced XXX @virginmedia.com
Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 hb2si426641pac.263 - gsmtp [RCPT_TO]

Getting There
Des+Fry

I am also getting scores of these failure notices "No MX or A records for xxxx" but ....

I am now also seeing some with this message:

"Mail server for "btinternet.com" unreachable for too long"

Does this mean the problem is getting even worse?

Ramblerman
Explorer
-AndyH-

This is really frustrating. Less than 10% of my emails are actually going through at the moment.

I've tried sending test emails to my gmail and outlook.com accounts and I've still not received the test emails (20 mins later!)

Sky really should be putting this on their service status page as it's a major issue affecting lots of customers.
Graduate
Stueyg

Yup, I have had a mailer-daemon 'No MX or A......' Mail sent 22.55 on 18/6/13 error returned about 3 hours later.

No faith in Yahoo! or Sky, any integrity they had has been lost over this whole debacle. Would trust a carrier pigeon more than getting an email delivered or received using this shocking service.
Getting There
cwilson1234

I am having the same problem too. I sent a group message yesterday morning, and it was delivered to 5 of the 6 people. Since then, loads of my emails have been bouncing back and i am receiving a message to say it hasn't been delivered almost 24 hours later. In some cases, the e-mails aren't sending and no notification is received. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon!
Getting There
K47

I have been getting this since yesterday - it is so annoying and important e mails are bouncing back -
Explorer
Paradise1

Same issue for me, emails bouncing back as well for being spam #ridiculous

Getting There
gazbo64

I've got a whole bunch of these error messages overnight from emails sent up to (and in one case over) 24 hours before.  There is nothing on this thread from Sky Support since 7pm last night.  What is going on? 

Should I be resending all my emails for the last 4-5 days as I have no idea whether I get failure messages for all of the failures. 

Don't just tell us Yahoo are looking into it.  Tell us what we should be doing in the meantime.  As other people have said, there are some important emails that are hanging out there, in my case for an imminent charity fundraising event.

Getting There
Suecrooks

Me too - this issue is causing me to lose sleep, as I am trying to finish a whole stack of emails/ work before going away for three weeks. Important emails are randomly coming back as undelivered - some are delivered, some not. Total inefficiency from Sky. It's not reported as an ongoing issue on their website so I thought it was just me till trawling tough and discovering this forum.

Come on Sky - act responsibly and get this sorted!
Getting There
farnham1

No MX or A records for gmail.com

really fed up with yahoo mail now.........nothing but hassle over past few weeks.

First unable to send without filling in spam encrypt box, then not sending at all, now this Mailer-daemon failure.

It really is just useless

I'm New Here
Bellringerdog

We're still getting Mailer-Daemon error messages, the latest came through at 00:35 Saturday 22nd June. On Friday we had 6 returned messages. 

Changing email addresses fills me with dread, but if this doesn't get fixed soon I would rather change provider knowing my mail is going to get through than stay with this uncertainty