Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
TREV04UK

MY PSP WONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET AND IS NOT HIGHLIGHTED IN THE CONNECT OPITIONS

[ Edited ]

I TRY AND CONNECT MY PSP TO THE INTERNET AND THE OPTION TO SET UP A NEW CONNECTION IS GREY AND WONT LET ME HIGHLIGHT IT TO SET IT UP, IVE FOLLOWED SKYS ONLINE GUIDE AND TRIED EVERYTHING I CAN, MY NEIGHBOURS SKY'S CONNECTION SHOWS UP BUT MINE DONT FOR SOME REASON SO I CANT CONNECT TO MY ROUTER OR INTERNET VIA MY PSP, PLEASE HELP ME AS ITS FOR MY SON. pLEASE DONT ADVISE FOR ME TO LOOK AT SKYS PSP SET UP IVE TRIED ALL THAT, BUT CANT DO ANYTHING UNTILL IT HIGHLIGHTS MY SKY'S USERNAME WHEN IT SCANS ITS FOUND IT BUT WONT LET ME HIGHLIGHT IT OR GO ON IT!

THANKS ALL WHO CAN HELP, PLEASE IM DESPERATE AS ITS FOR MY SONS BIRTHDAY TOMORROW

ITS A NORMAL PSP LIKE FIRST ONES, NOT A VITA OR ANYTHING IT WAS BOUGHT ABOUT 7YEARS AGO SO WHAT EVER PSP THAT WOULD BE, THE ROUTER IS SR101 ITS A SKY ROUTER IT DONT HAVE MAKE ON! AND I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO REPLY TO THESE POSTS EITHER, SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

To help us narrow it down a bit, which PSP do you have, a...

To help us narrow it down a bit, which PSP do you have, and which model Sky Broadband router?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Hi TREV04UK,   If you can see other networks but not your...

Hi TREV04UK,

If you can see other networks but not your own then it may be that you have turn off the broadcast of the routers display name. To check this please type 192.168.0.1 into the browser of a device already connected. This will take you to the router status page, click the Wireless tab (username admin & password sky), on the new page you should see a section titled Wireless Access Point and in that section a few tick boxes - please ensure Enable Wireless Access Point & Allow Broadcast of Name (SSID) are ticked. And that Wireless Isolation remains unticked. Click the save button at the bottom of the page if you have made any changes.

If you then try searching for your network do you see your router?

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
marc+nw

Re: MY PSP WONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET AND IS NOT HIGHLIGHTED IN THE CONNECT OPITIONS

im having problems trying to connect my sony psp to my sky wifi, for some reason i cant click on the sky wifi as the option is not highlighted so im unable to get online