Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
KTurnip

MY MULTIROOM SKY HD BOX IS NOT UPDATING THE ON DEMAND

Good morning Sky Helpers.....

I have two sky hd boxes (one new TB & one older) and I currently subscribe to all the channels with multiroom.  I have noticed just lately that the newer of the boxes is updating with all the new "on demand" programmes but the older one is only updating a few items a week.  It just happens to be the movie that I want to watch which is not on the older box, typical.

Therefore my question is, could this be down to the age of the box??  Also when I am watching programmes on the older box either recorded or live, the picture is all juddery as if its slowing down, maybe it's time to upgrade this box??

I have carried out a planner reset but this did not help!

It updated with the new software ok, which pleased me but I can't understand how the dish has two feeds with the same info obviously but one box has totally different "on demand" than the newer one.

Over to you guys..... 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Re: MY MULTIROOM SKY HD BOX IS NOT UPDATING THE ON DEMAND

Hi KTurnip,

Sorry to see this is happening and you are missing out using the 2nd box.

Can you check the signal strength on output 2, to do this you need to select Settings and then signal. 

Once you do a planner rebuild , it can take upto 48 hours for the content to fully load.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
KTurnip

Hi Jane

Sorry for the late reply but it's been Christmas as that's always busy!!

As requested checked the signalstrength & quality on input 1 which is the new TB box 

& signal strength & quality on input 2 which is upstairs & the strength bars on both

were identical almost 90% with the quality bar on both being almost 95%.

So I think it's my older HD box perhaps on its last legs :smileysad:

My next question are Sky doing any promos for old loyal customers regarding buying

a new box?

Thanks.

Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

MY MULTIROOM SKY HD BOX IS NOT UPDATING THE ON DEMAND

Hi KTurnip,

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us.

If i can ask you to have a look at this link http://goo.gl/yC6fx.

This will give you the relevant information on offers and upgrading.

Hope this helps.
Contributor
KTurnip

Hi again

Just to update you on my "on demand issues", my new TB box has not updated at all this week!  All that's on my new box are movies that have been on there for months!  The new movies ie Underworld, Marigold Hotel etc have not gone on there but my old box that was not updating has them all

i am getting slightly annoyed with this whole situation at the moment as I feel as if I'm paying for a service that I'm genuinely not getting!!!

over to you Sky