Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
Skudgee

MTU Errors?

Hi.

I have been reading the forums and gathered around this date last month thre was an error with connecting to Xbox Live. Apprantely it has since been fixed and everything is ok. I just rang sky and they are useless "no sorry we don't know anything about it". I've tried changing my MTU and my channel and still nothing.

The issues I am am having are as follows:

Connecting to Xbox LIVE

Connecting to Twitter

Connecting to any Microsoft related websites including Xbox.com, Hotmail.com, Hotmail.co.uk and Microsoft.com

How can I go about fixing this issue, as it's really annoying.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
The Fixer
Rovman

Re: MTU Errors?

What is your MTU currently set at on your router?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
I'm New Here
Skudgee

The number I set it as or the deafult? I tried chaning it to 1450 and then to 1400 and it still didn't work. But default it was set to 1500.

The Fixer
Rovman

[ Edited ]

Try setting it at 1472 and see if that helps. Also could you tell me the actual error message reported by xbox live?

I'm New Here
Skudgee

Nope, nothing. I can connect to twitter now but still not Xbox LIVE or any Microsoft website.

Retired Staff Member
kirsty+d

Hi Skudgee,

Thanks for bringing your problem to the attention of the forum :smileyhappy:

I can see that you have been getting help from the community, do you have any update?

Has your issue been resolved? Did you have to take any action?

Many thanks,