Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
PETETHEMEAT
Accepted Solution

MEMORY CAPACITY OF SKY+ BOX AND SKY+ HD BOX.

HI ALL

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE  MEMORY CAPACITY OF SKY+ BOX AND SKY+ HD BOX.I'VE BEEN THROUGH THE WEDSITE BUT ALL I CAN FIND IS HOW MUCH RECORDING TIME THEY CAN HOLD, I'M AFTER THE ACTUAL GB CAPACITY OF EACH BOX.

THANKS PETE

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Re: MEMORY CAPACITY OF SKY+ BOX AND SKY+ HD BOX.

I THINK the later Sky+ boxes had hard drives with 360GB capacity. The newest standard Sky+ HD box has a capacity of 500GB though 1 and 1.5 TB variations are available. Bear in mind that not all of the capacity is available to users. I stand ready to be corrected!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi PETETHEMEAT,

The later Sky+ boxes had a 160gb drive with 80gb available for personal use and the other 80gb for Sky Anytime.

The newest Sky+HD boxes now have 500gb with 250gb for personal use and 250gb for Sky Anytime.

The Sky+HD 1tb box actually has a 1.5tb hard drive with 1tb personal and 500gb for Sky Anytime.

Hope this helps

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Visitor
GrandmaL

I have a new Sky+HD box - delivered today - and the box had 250GB on it.  The engineer who installed it said that it was the model that is given out 'free'.  He also said that the 1TB box has to be paid for, and is about £400.

Occasional Visitor
mmcinnes

I'm seriously not happy with the memory of my box - to the point that I have had to stop recording programmes in HD as they use too much memory.  There must be a way to get a newer box with more memory - I have had mine for a number of years now. I'm ready to cancel it as it's pointless...

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

As you've had the box for a number of years, there's nothing to stop you upgrading the hard drive yourself if you wish.

Super User
Mark39

Sky aren't going to react to your message here.

Why not give them a call, or log in to sky.com and see if there's a deal available to you? Alternatively, upgrade your hard drive as Kenneth suggests, or look around for a box to purchase privately.

Retired Staff Member
Samantha-K

Hi GrandmaL,

I see you have been given some information on the 1TB box. This link will give you more information on pricing and deals available.

Thanks

xxivcarat

[ Edited ]

If you had the box for a while then phone up Sky you should get a good deal on a new 1 TB box. I did - for £64 but with a reduced subscription fro 6 months which works out as a free box.

xxivcarat
Occasional Visitor
geeze

How can I check hard drive size on sky hd box

Super User
kato

geeze wrote:

How can I check hard drive size on sky hd box

What model do you have?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Regular Visitor
durbee

Hi there,

Can you please let me know the memory capacity of my box as detailed below:-

Model Number SYSF26.80

Version Number9730B3

Operating System VersionSYSF26.80

EPG Software Version40.0.14.11

Also is this box suitable for anytime +

Many thanks

Regards

Ian.

Super User
kato

[ Edited ]

durbee wrote:

Hi there,

Can you please let me know the memory capacity of my box as detailed below:-

Model Number SYSF26.80

Version Number9730B3

Operating System VersionSYSF26.80

EPG Software Version40.0.14.11

Also is this box suitable for anytime +

Many thanks

Regards

Ian.

A bit more info make & model number E.G Amstrad.Thomson.Pace.There should be a manufacturer label at the back of the box or underneath.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Regular Visitor
durbee

Hi Kato,

Yes sorry, it's a Samsung unit.

Regards

Ian.

Super User
kato

Just the model now please.