Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Tr1GG3r

Local call charges due to Unlimited order mess up ?

Hi, 

Having switched to Sky Talk Freetime last year (already a TV and BB customer), I took the plunge in January and signed up for Sky Talk Unlimted , and signed up for another 12 mths BB. Great I thought, BB for £7.50 rather than £10 and unlimited calls for a fiver. Website confirms the new monthly payment of £85. A couple of days later and MySky shows packages in place.

Fast forward to yesterday when I'm checking my bank statement, my Sky bill is over £100 for the month.

A quick check on MySky reveals I'm still paying for local calls. I look at Packages, it shows Talk Unlimited with a yellow circle above it, instead of the green tick. My monthly package cost shows £80 ...... 

It would seem the broadband subscription re-applied, but the Talk Unlimited didn't, and sat there in a kind of almost but not quite way. I assume it must have got half way through and failed, as it quite clearly showed in MySky and one of my packages.

I spoken to the technical team who have started to put the order back in for Talk Unlimited, but how do I go about getting a refund for all the supposed 'free local calls' that I've been charged for ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Re: Local call charges due to Unlimited order mess up ?

Hi Tr1GG3r,

Thank you for taking the time to post.

In order to help you further, are you able to advise if the lo-cal rate numbers are starting 01,02.,03 and the calls are lasting under 59 minutes.

I look forward to your response.  

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Tr1GG3r

Hi Laura, thanks for your quick reply. All the calls where local and 01* lasting no more than a couple of minutes, so should have fallen into the free call category of Unlimited. 

I don't mind paying for Mobile calls or anything not covered by Talk Unlimited, but to be charged for calls that are supposed to be 'free' becuse of a technical matter with my order grates a little.

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi TriGG3r,

Thanks for coming back to me

We will need to look into this further and will send a Private Message shortly requesting more details.

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Visitor
Tr1GG3r

Details sent :smileyhappy:

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi Tr1GG3r,

I hope you have found using the Sky Forum a fantastic place to get your issues resolved.

Can I ask if there is anything else we can help with?:smileyhappy:

Thanks

Tricia07
Community Coordinator

Visitor
Tr1GG3r

Thanks for the welcome.

As for the issues, i'll let you know if and when they're resolved :smileywink:

Occasional Visitor
jonboy81

hi i am having the same problem with my sky talk i am on sky anytime and this month and last i am being charged for local 01 numbers after 6.00pm and it all adds up but these should be free how am i being charged thank you

Community Coordinator
jason-d

Good Afternoon jonboy81

First of all welcome to the Sky Help Forum and thanks for taking the time to make your first post.

If you're with Sky Talk Unlimited you will not be charge for any local and national calls inc. 01 unless the duration of the call is over one hour.

Can you confirm looking at your itemised call list this isn't the case?

Thanks

jason-d
Community Coordinator

Senior Member (Silver)
daedal

jonboy81 wrote:

hi i am having the same problem with my sky talk i am on sky anytime and this month and last i am being charged for local 01 numbers after 6.00pm and it all adds up but these should be free how am i being charged thank you

It's actually only free after 7pm on Freetime