Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
alka5eltzer
Accepted Solution

List of Entertainment extra channels

Hi all,

I've just had sky installed... the viewing card arrived yesterday and I got it set up.

Anywhoo.... I'm wondering... I've subscribed to the Entertainment extra package but when I tried to view MTV and other music channels last night it said to call a number to upgrade my subscription? I thought I would have got these?

Is there a list anywhere with what channels I should be getting?

Thanks loads

:smileyhappy:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: List of Entertainment extra channels

This should help:

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/entertainment-packs/entertainment-extra/

You should get all them channels (bar movies and sports) with the entertainment extra pack so if you can't watch the music channels then give sky a call as they might need to resend the signal to your box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
DaveShep

I don't think this solves the problem at all.  The link takes you to the entertainment / entertainment extra page - but the "extra" page lists all the standard entertainment channels as well.  It's very confusing. e.g. Sky 1 appears on both entertainment and entertainment extra lists.

I've looked for over 15 minutes now, and am struggling to find a distinct list of just the ADDITIONAL channels that I get for the extra £5 charged when Sky automatically upgraded me.

Can someone please list JUST the additional channels that you get with the Entertainment EXTRA pack???

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

[ Edited ]

Hi DaveShep, personally I agree as I recently had a family member make the same point. I'll make some enquiries to see if I'm missing something and if not whether it's a possibility.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
DaveShep

Thanks Malcolm - that would be great.

Sky are charging me specifically £5 per month for it - so it should be relatively easy to say what that I get for that money.  Otherwise, it is surely a Trade Description Act issue (if they can't describe it!).

Dave.

Contributor
Mirror+Boy

This is a useful list of all the channels included in each pack:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_channels_on_Sky

Occasional Visitor
SJMAC

You have to go to wikipedia to find out this info!!!

Sky are a joke... it isnt clear and that how they want it to be 

Occasional Visitor
Duncancosgrove

the wikipedia page appears to have been delete due to contravening some convoluted ruling or other.

Is this information available anywhere else, to anyone's knowledge?

I may as well just do the easiest thing and cancel the entertainment extra pack, then see if i can't access anything that i want to...

Super User
caesarome

Enterainment Channels (Hit the "Show" button a little bit down the page on the right hand side):

http://www.sky.com/products/tv-packs/entertainment/

And Entertainment Extra Channels:

http://www.sky.com/products/tv-packs/entertainment-extra/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
Merc-UK

Found the answer.

Go to this page:

http://www.sky.com/products/tv-packs/entertainment-extra/index.html

Click the blue 'Show' button on the right of 'Sky Entertainment Extra Channels'.    A drop down appears and the 'Extra Channels' are inside the red box.

HTH

Super User
caesarome

I think it is the same link as I posted above !

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
SimbalSystems

I was looking for the info:

http://www.cable.co.uk/guides/sky-tv-channels/

Not sure how up to date it is.  I put it in a spreadsheet to compare with basic Virgin TV package, which would save me £20 a month and give me 3x more broadband instead of "up to 20mb"

Occasional Visitor
Samuel+S

Hi,

Many channels are available for entertain you. I think internet is best way for entertainment.

Contributor
Mirror+Boy

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Regular Visitor
snakebite22

Am on entertainment extra with a hd subscription of £11 they tricked me by putting me on ent extra plus which u get all the hd channels without the need for a hd subscription .meaning I get all the same hd channels as before minus f1 channel .plus I got charged £5 a month more for extra plus and they r still chargin me for hd subscription of £11 which is 16 pound more