Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Explorer
RedBull2k

Line Attenuation

[ Edited ]

Is it normal for Line Attenuation to increase? At the moment my line is running DLM?

im sure it was 33db when it was first installed then has since gone up by 0.5 every so often now its sitting at 36db

just before i sent this i got disconnected and router resynced now its on 35.5db

my speed

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Mentor
Nilsatis

Re: Line Attenuation

In my experience it does, my down attenuation will vary 46- 49db, and up is even crazier from 18- 30db. You can get hold of 2700hvg router, and connect it up it, it wont establish a connection but will sync with the exchange will measure the correct attenuation, incidentally mine down, is 39db, with ADSL2, condition of the line will all increase the db.  

Other ISP Troll Spotter.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Explorer
RedBull2k

Re: Line Attenuation

thanks for your input. any sky advisers willing to confirm that this should be happening?

my speed