Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
Lloydie99

Keeps asking me to download Silverlight

I have just agreed to pay an extra £5 per month for Sky Go Extra because I hoped that would sort out my problem and allow me to watch On Demand on my brand new iMac. No luck! Each time I get to the episode selection it keeps telling me to download Silverlight. I have already done this and can see it as a download so know it's there. There is no 'play'/'watch now' option to be seen anywhere!

Please don't tell me to 'refresh' or 'reboot' or 'make sure I have only one Silverlight download', because that has already been taken care of. At the moment I am a further £5 per month out of pocket and you are not measuring up.

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Peter-Ed

Re: Keeps asking me to download Silverlight

Hi Lloydie99,

Sorry to read you are having these issues, With SkyGo extra this would only be for extra content but would still have any issues that you would have before taking this out. You should be on a trial at the moment for this and should not be getting charged, however if you want to cancel this is an option also until the issue is resolved.

Have you contacted us before about this issue? If so what were you told? What is the Operating system you are using on your Mac? 

Please come back to us and advise us on these questions and we can see if we can help you further. 

Thanks,

Pete
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Explorer
gdh1951

Re: SKY GO keeps asking me to download Silverlight - I have - plus not recognise registered device!

Any answer yet - same problem on Windows Vista, IE9 - keeps asking to install Silverlight which is already installed.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Silverlight.

Uninstalled Silverlight and IE9 then re-installed both.

No joy at all. The Manage Devices says this device not registered when it clearly is registered and shows as a registered device. So why won't Sky Go recognise the registered device and the installed Silverlight?

Works ok on Mozilla Firefox so clearly something to do with communication between IE9 and SKY GO software?

Help please!

Explorer
JonnySutt

Re: SKY GO keeps asking me to download Silverlight - I have - plus not recognise registered device!

I think you need to ensure all remnants of Silverlight have been removed. If you do a search there are lots of folders that these are held in. Once completely removed try downloading the latest version.

Explorer
gdh1951

Tried that - didn't work. Finally solved it - found Silverlight was installed but disabled. Enabled via manage add-ons and it's all now working. Removed and re-installed many times so don't know why IE had it as a disabled add-on? Hey ho - can get on with my life again!
Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Hi gdh1951,

Thanks for coming back and explaining how you managed to get the Sky Go service working, hopefully other members of the community will be able to use this to fix similar issues.

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator

I'm New Here
cajonchick

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! My SKYDRIVE would not play my videos! I downloaded Silverlight and still kept telling me to download it!! I tried adding silverlight to my ADD ONS and enabling it and VOILA it now WORKS !!!
Community Coordinator
Kat-S

Good afternoon cajonchick,

I'm glad to see that the information we have provided has let you play videos :smileyhappy:.

Please do let me know if there is anything else we can help you with and enjoy the rest of your day. 

Thanks,

Kat-S
Community Coordinator