Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
StockrA

Internet not working

I phoned sky from my mobile about 4 hours ago to find out when my broadband would be back on, they guy took details to set up my direct debit and said it would all be back up withing seconds, well the tv did, but the Internet hasn't and I don't really want a repeat of the other week were I was waiting well over a week for it to be sorted, I understand this time I was at fault for late payment, but it's all payed up no and don't understand why it's not live yet. Also I was promised that I would recive six months line rental at half price, why hasn't this been added to my bill yet. Cheers!
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

Re: Internet not working

Did they make sure a cease hadn't been triggered on yoru ADSL? The TV is always easy to put on but if your failure to pay your bill has triggered a cease your ADSL will have to be reprovided. If the package is still on the line then it can up to 24 hours to come back on quite often.

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
StockrA

He didn't mention anything, said the phone would take longer, but said the tv and BB would be instant. I was told even tho the line was restricted, I'm still able to phone sky from my land line, but I can't, my last call cost six quid from my mobile so don't really wanna do that again lol.
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi StockrA,

If you dial 150 from your landline this should connect you to the contact centre.

Let us know if this works?

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
StockrA

Nope that don't work, got no dial tone, and internets still not up, I got a feeling I'm going to have to same trouble as the other week again, something I didn't want to happen lol
Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi StockrA,

I see we have been in contact by private message previously.

I have sent you a new message regarding your situation.

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
StockrA

I've still got no Internet or phone, it's been a week now, there's no excuse for this, I must ask is this going to happen every month, I've still not had any discounts made to my bill as promised. Also I would like to know why I've been sent a mac migration code again, I never requested it, but I'll use it if my services ain't back up asap, you've had long enough to sort this out.
Contributor
StockrA

Well as I've not had a reply on ere, I've had to buy more credit for my phone just so I can phone sky. Then I get through to an advisor who's accent is so bad I can just about understand what he's saying, I then get told there's a problem between the green box and my house, I got told this the last time this happened so basicly it's another load of ****, if this was the case why wasn't nothing done sooner like when I first raised the problem on Saturday when I called or when I had to come and post on the forum. Does anybody at sky acctually know WTF they are doing, I'm sorry for the tone in my message but at the moment I want to seriously wring an advisors neck, as it starting to get on my nerves, I'm being fed a load of **** like last time, I don't think I can take anymore of this. Sky as a company has no idea how to run a company, but you know how to rob us of our money. Sort it out now, not 72 hours, I've waited a week so far!!!
Contributor
StockrA

[ Edited ]
Well I think the open reach eng has been to my street and still no services, I'd like to know why I've not been contacted by phone or on hear and I've got to go through the trouble of waisting my credit to contact sky all the time, I can clearly see advisors are replying to other people threads, this is disgusting, think it's time I contacted trading standerds and a few other company on how you get away with this. May I also add other people in my street with sky and bt haven't any problems with there phone or Internet!!
Contributor
StockrA

Sorry forget that last message, just checked the phone because I can still see the open reach van, I've got a dial tone and an orange light just came on the modem. Fingers crossed!!