Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
RobinsonBH10

Intermittent picture and sound on new Samsung LED TV

[ Edited ]

Just picked up my new Samsung LED set today and my SKY HD+ Box is not working proberly. Intermittent picture and hardly any sound, pixelation is also intermittent. It seemed to get better the longer I left it on but after an hour it was still intermittent pixelation and sound.

I've tried 3 different HDMI cables, all with the same outcome. I've also tried using Scart, which works fine with Sky box! No issues with the TV either as the built in Freeview works fine, as does the PS3 work fine, using the above mentioned 3 HDMI cables.

I've also tried the rebooting the box and the tv. I also have signal strength above 60%!

Really confused here. Can anyone help? 

Thanks

Jon

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
RobinsonBH10

Re: Intermittent picture and sound on new Samsung LED TV

Most strange, just tested the basic hd box in the other room on my new tele and it works perfectly!

It seems the sky hd+ box couldn't handle the upgraded tv for some reason.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Gold)
John8372

That is a strange one. If you got the same intermittent picture and sound using SCART it would point to it not being a HDMI problem.

Does the Sky+ HD box work OK on another TV?

Super User
Mark39

Was your Sky+HD box connected to a different TV before you had the new Samsung? How was it connected?