Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
clivesalive

Intermittent SKY+ signal

Hi everyone,

I am have been having some problems with my Sky signal for a couple of weeks now. It sometimes works for hours with no problem but other times the signal flicks from between half and 2/3 (at best) on the four bars in Signal Test page to no signal at all momentarily. It does this backwards and forwards so that the picture either breakdowns and freezes or disappears completely with the No Satellite Signal is being Received message. I have tried turning off at the wall etc, resetting the LNB, checking the cables are connected correctly at the Sky+ Box all to no avail. Does any one have any other suggestions before I call Sky to get the engineer out. Also does any one know what if any charge Sky may make to come and sort this out for me? Cheers, Clive.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Re: Intermittent SKY+ signal

Hi clivesalive, our troubleshooting can be found here. If this does not help and you have no warranty we charge £65 for an out of warranty service call, you can upgrade to newer equipment or we can recommend a repair plan through Domestic & General.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
clivesalive

I have been through the trouble shooting guide and done all the procedures twice but to no avail. When I took my contract out with Sky my house already had a dish on the side but it looked old and rusty. I asked the Sky installation engineer if he was going to fit a new dish for us but he said no as he thought the old one was OK. I suspect the problem I am having is at the dish end not the Sky+ box end and so even if I upgrade to a new HD box I will still have the same problem. I don't see why I should have to pay £65 for a callout to look at the aerial that I think should have been replaced anyway.

Virgin are offering some great new customer deals in my area so I think I will switch my TV, phone and broadband package across to them rather than wasting more money with Sky!

Occasional Visitor
penney

hi ya

if you go though to the cancellation department they wont wanna lose you and they will do anything to keep you guy at work wanted too cancel and they half his package for 6months from 50 to 25  im having the same problem with two hd boxes losing signal every other day so im going for the new dish chat nxt week and i defo wont be paying £65 or a guy to tell me what i already know when you lose signal its a good chance its the LNB that needs changing if they dont sort for free it looks like virgin coming to my flat too

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi penney, have you tried the troubleshooting here?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
patricia+sangster

Keep losing sky signal

Super User
caesarome

Click the link in the post above.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
susanowen

I am also getting sick and tired of restting satellite connection, it's almost every day that we lose full connection, that's tv, broadband and phone, not funny! At all. I have a fairly new hd box a new sky hub and am still having this issue. Getting really fed up as sky cost is substantially high, I'm sure it's done on purpose to force a switch to fibre connection, think we may give it up as a bad job as my patience is severely tried.