Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Explorer
bettyward
Accepted Solution

ITV HD

Why isn't ITV HD available in Scotland. We have the full Sky Sports package but can't get some of the games in HD!
Bettyboo
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visionary
phil-liverpool

Re: ITV HD

To add ITV1 HD in STV or UTV regions you need to do this.

Press "Services" on the remote control (or from the Guide go to "Options" on the top menu).

Press the down arrow, and then scroll across to "Add Channels".

Press "Select" or the down arrow, to highlight the frequency.

Using the number pad on the remote, enter the following frequency: 10.832

Press the down arrow, and use the left or right arrow to change the Polarisation from V to H.

Check that the Symbol Rate is 22.0 and that the FEC is 5/6, and adjust if necessary.

Press the yellow button to Find Channels.

Once it has finished scanning, find & highlight one of the channels "ITV1 HD" (there should be two of them) and press the yellow button to store it, and then press Select to continue.

You can now view ITV HD by going to "Other Channels" within Services/Options (it's next to "Add Channels") & pressing Select to reveal channel ITV1 HD & then pressing Select again to view it.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Explorer
bettyward

Many thanks Phil - will do this. I take it that this won't affect our existing ITV channel and we will still be able to use this to record etc?
Bettyboo
Getting There
Ianem

Yes this will work but you cannot record that channel

Explorer
bettyward

I tried your suggestion but it didn't work. I couldn't get to the frequency bit - the message said "This service is not available whilst two recordings are in progress" (even though I was not recording anything!)
Bettyboo
Getting There
Ianem

This works

Go to "options" on main menu

Go to "Other Channels"

Press and you will see "ITVHD"

You can't record however

Explorer
bettyward

tried this and didn't work - there is nothing coming up on other channels and we get the same message re can't do this while we are recording two programmes even though we are not recording anything! Because we live in Scotland we don't get ITV HD. We only get ITV.
Thanks anyway.
Bettyboo
Explorer
bettyward

Thank you so much Phil - I had to reboot my TV as it was acting up then I re- tried your instructions and it worked!
Bettyboo
Visionary
phil-liverpool

glad to have been of service....

its a common question....

Getting There
Brehinthelehin

If we can view the channel why can't SKY give us access to it via 131 or 178 so we could record programmes. It says its a regional issue but sounds like a discrimination issue.
Mentor
AlanStitt

[ Edited ]

It's got nothing to do with Discrimination. ITV have not got the brodcasting right's for Scotland hence why we have STV.

STV don't have brodcasting rights for England and Wales. Are STV Discriminating against Scots in England?

Anyway ITV London is on Sky Channel 972 or 973 I can't remember which one.

Getting There
Brehinthelehin

I know I can watch ITV London but only in SD. The discrimination issue is that they say I can't get ITV HD because I live in Scotland but I can get it when I add it as an other channel. I can view but not record. there is the discrimination.

Community Coordinator
lainys

Hello and Good Evening Brehinthelehin, 

Thank you for your recent post to the community and welcome back to the Sky Help Forum.

ITV1 HD and STV HD are not currently available on the Sky EPG for Scotland due to ongoing negotiations between the broadcasters.

The reason why you are not able to record the channel if you have added it on to Others is due to the channel not been supported. 

As soon as we have any updates for you we will post for all to read.

Kind Regards

Mentor
AlanStitt

@lainys 

I'm going to correct you again Lainy, sorry :smileytongue:

ITV1 HD is on Sky channel 178 in England,Wales and the Border Regions.

ITV Have not got the broadcasting right's for Scotland hence why we in Scotland have STV.

By all account's STV HD will be on the Sky EPG in April, according to their twitter feed.

Alan

Getting There
paulinalderney

I am in alderney, been watching itv hd for a long time, using above settings, suddenly stopped working! Are there other numbers to try