Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
southernfairy
Accepted Solution

I have received my marks and spencers vouchers!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

I have got my vouchers!!!!!!!

I first contacted the Advertising standards agency http://www.asa.org.uk yesterday. They responded and gave me a reference number and to email sky on this address DL-IAF0907@bskyb.com. Half an hour later I get 2 phone calls apologising and that they are is the post. I have just received £50 vouchers by recorded delivery. They ASA have had over 40 complaints from customers.

I hope this helps some of you. Follow the above steps and it should work for you.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Re: I have received my marks and spencers vouchers!!!!!!!!!

We have a process in place to make raising voucher and incentive enquiries straight foward. See here.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
yazoo

Thanks for this, i might have 2 go down the ASA route, as having problems with getting sky take a code, as a friend intoduced me and the advert says £50 to them and £50 to me.. So I'm giving them till the new year to get back to me, if i don't hear from them by then ill do that route.. Thanks again

Contributor
yazoo

I wrote down that i had not recieved my vouchers, and wrote about it on here, well i could not believe it, they rung me the next day to say that the friends that introduced me have got theres but they forgot to put mine on there computer so they said sorry and i got them yesterday could not believe it. Also could not believe they rung me and sent them out.  Thanks SKY finally got it sorted....

Contributor
yazoo

They rung me up the next day after i wrote the forum got vouchers on weds can't wait to go to look at Jan sale

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Ilhan

I have not received my vouchers either. I have been calling and emailing, including filling in the form on 3 separate ocassions since August and everytime I ring up I am told to wait another 28 days. Surely this is illegal and everyone should complain to the Ombudsman, they might pull their finger out a bit quicker then.  There is obviously a problem with these vouchers as so many people have complained. POOR SKY CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Ilhan, I aplogise for any inconvenience caused. We have a process in place to resolve these issues. You can find information here.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
hazel+ross

Re: I have received my marks and Spencer vouchers!!!!!!!!!

I haven't received my vouchers. Sky at first said that my friend purchased their sky via a shop(untrue) then they said I had to prove that I had introduced my friend(I did it on my computer with my friend sitting next to me) but I didn't know how to prove it. Then they said I hadn't completed the introduce a friend correctly.. I followed all on line instructions and they asked my details etc at the time. This is a disgrace. I have now complained to advertising standard agency, I am contemplating going to mar justice (sun sun newspaper),and am so annoyed at the treatment given that I am considering ending my contract with sky!!!!!!!! Why make promises and then not follow through....

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Re: I have received my marks and Spencer vouchers!!!!!!!!!

Hi hazel+ross, if you click on the link in my post above and fill in the form via the contact us link on that page we will investigate.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Visitor
ONESIZE

i have just got mine only 16 weeks but guys dont give up  they come after loads of phone calls e mails but ok cos im on sky talt so cost nothing lol

Occasional Visitor
Ilhan

Re: I have NOT received my marks and spencers vouchers!!!!!!!!!

Dear Malcolm, I filled in the form from your link in January and 28 days later I have still NOT received the promised £50 Marks and Spencers vouchers. How long are you stringing it out as we have waited 7 months now????? You have broken your contract with me and I will shortly be cancelling my Sky account as your Customer Services are a complete let down time after time. I will look at Virgin or BT who appreciate their customers.

Regular Visitor
kikujiro

Don't you think this is a bit of a joke? For a company this big to mess up so many customers?

I also joined sky over 2 months ago and I am still waiting for the £50 vouchers from M&S. After numerous calls, I have been told they were dispatched on the 2nd of March. If my maths are right, that's over 45 days!!!!  And guess what? They are not here!

I will be filling this form and if I don't receive a satisfactory answer I will be going straight to the Advertising Standards Authority and/or OFCOM as this is simply false advertising.

Not a happy customer!

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi kikujiro, let us know if you don't get a response and we will try to help.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
kikujiro

Hi Malcom, I did receive a response but not a satisfactory one, as usual! bue what else can customers expect from SKY? This is the reply I received and you can also see my answer to that unacceptable "response"

The xxxx are because they are my personal details!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me???? I have to wait another 28 days???? I have already waited two months!!! I was told they were dispatched on the 2nd of March and to wait 28 days from that date. Now you are telling me I have to wait another 28? Come on! Let's be professional and get serious here.

As I posted earlier if i dont receive the £50 voucher by Friday 29.04.11 I will be going straight to OFCOM and the advertising standards authority....

Also, I can see your reply is simply a "copy paste" that you will probably have as a signature. Come on, I am not the only one having this problem, there are loads of customers with the same issue so please dont add insult to the injury by saying " I wish to reassure you that this unfortunate episode is not an accurate reflection of the normally high standard of efficiency we seek to provide to our customers" because it's BS!

To reiterate, I will be contacting OFCOM and the advertising standards authority if I dont receive the voucher by Friday 29.04.11. My patience has run out.

Not a happy customer,
XX Xxxxx
Acc number: xxxxxxxxxx

--- On Fri, 22/4/11, Sky Help Centre <help@skycustomersupport.com> wrote:

Subject: Not Received Vouchers (KMM8340420IXXXXXXXX)
To: xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.co.uk
Date: Friday, 22 April, 2011, 19:57

Dear xx xxxxx xxxxxx

Customer Account Number:xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email about M&S vouchers

I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused in receiving your much awaited vouchers and let me apologise for the delay I have issued your 50.00 (GBP) vouchers to you and they should reach within the next 28 days.

I'd like to thank for your participation in this promotion and for your continued support to Sky. I wish to reassure you that this unfortunate episode is not an accurate reflection of the normally high standard of efficiency we seek to provide to our customers.

I hope the above information about vouchers is satisfactory and you enjoy spending once you

receive them

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

Kind regards

Promad Manvi

Sky Help Centre

http://www.sky.com

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Enquiry Type:

I have not received my vouchers

Description:

Don't you think this is a bit of a joke? For a company this big to mess up so many customers? I also joined sky over 2 months ago and I am still waiting for the £50 vouchers from M&S. After numerous calls, I have been told they were dispatched on the 2nd of March. If my maths are right, that's over 45 days!!!! And guess what? They are not here! I will be filling this form and if I don't receive a satisfactory answer I will be going straight to the Advertising Standards Authority and/or OFCOM as this is simply false advertising. Not a happy customer!

Regular Visitor
southernfairy

I complained to watchdog and they are featuring it on there show tonight. Please everyone floow what I did in my first post and your vouchers will arrive in 2 days!

Good luck to you all.