Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
kat631

I have an 09059150100on my bill that I have never dialled but sky are charging me £66 for calling it

i have been charged £66 for a call to a number that i have not dialled. it was at 6.43 on sunday morning, a time when i was sleeping. i have questioned it and was told firstly they didnt know the number, then was told i had excepted a reverse call. then was told it was a holiday company. all rubbish. i did not dial it. i dont seem to get any help from sky at all

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
lainys

I have an 09059150100on my bill that I have never dialled but sky are charging me £66

[ Edited ]

Hello kat631.

Thank you for taking the time to post today.

I have dialled the number 09059150100 to check and all I got was a dead tone. So I then goggled the number and have come across lots of other people saying the number is from all sorts of different companies so I am unable to confirm what company it is.

Can you double check the itemised bill via your on line My Sky account to make sure that is the number on the bill.

I would also advise you to register with the TPS

Kind Regards

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Helen+Mclean

Re: I have an 09059150100on my bill that I have never dialled but sky are charging me £66 for callin

I have this number on my bill twice in one day??? £49.00 I have never dailed this number and at the time of the 2nd call my house was empty?????? Both calls were apparantly made on the 15th June

Helen Mclean

Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Re: I have an 09059150100on my bill that I have never dialled but sky are charging me £66 for calling it

Hi Helen+Mclean,

Thanks for posting.

Would you be able to tell us if it's at all possible for someone else in your home that could've made a call to this number?

Let us know when you can.

Cheers,

Getting There
Helen+Mclean

Re: I have an 09059150100on my bill that I have never dialled but sky are charging me £66 for callin

Absolutly not no one was home was the 2nd call was apparntly made. I explained all this yest before i got cut off. I would remember making calls that lasted 18 mins!!!!! I am livid about the fact this is taking so long to sort out and i cant pay that bill. Can you please resolve this Asap??
Getting There
Helen+Mclean

I am disgusted in Skys attitude towards me regarding this. Basically i am a liar and have made these calls. Also ive put myself through 2 days of hell on the phone to Sky trying to resolve this. I am at the end of my tether with this money grabbing company. I am contacting off tell and also the ombudsman. Also i will be cancelling all my sky products as of this DAY!
Getting There
Helen+Mclean

And stop saying its a hotmail help line, it isn't. Hence the reason no one answers when you have called it twice. I have No reason to phone hotmail EVER. Its a scam read all the messages about this number as i have done on google!!!!!
Retired Staff Member
Joss-91

Re: I have an 09059150100on my bill that I have never dialled but sky are charging me £66 for calling it

[ Edited ]

Hi Helen+Mclean,

Thanks for getting back in touch about the calls you've been charged for.

I think we will need to check your account to see what's been going on therefore I've passed your details onto a colleague who will contact you by PM as soon as possible for some further info.

If you need help with anything else in the meantime please post back on the Forum.

Cheers,

Staff
JKeenan

Hi Helen + Mclean & Kat631

I'm the Billing Manager at Sky for Telephony, in order for us to investigate your complaint we will need to access your account, please can you contact one of the forum staff and pass your details on, once done I will have this investigated for you.

The number concerned appears to be a Helpline gateway operated by a 3rd party company that provides a service of connecting you to company helplines/customer service departments.

To help us please can you advise us of the following

1) Could anyone else in the household have made the calls?

2) Have you or someone in the household (or Neighbour etc.) called a Helpline for any company on the dates concerned (not necessarily Hotmail)

3) Have you been called by any company helplines/customer service department on those dates

In the UK Premium Rate numbers are regulated by an organisation called Phonepay Plus, if you believe you have been charged for a Premium Rate number in error then the process to follow is noted below, unfortunately you will have to do this direct with phonepay plus as they won’t accept complaints from ourselves on your behalf. At Sky we merely pass on the charges that are submitted by these providers against your telephone number, we do not operate these services ourselves.

1          Complain about a premium rate number

If you experience problems with a premium rate number, text or subscription service, such as being overcharged, you should complain to the company who runs the service or your phone network. If they fail to resolve your complaint quickly or you’re unable to find out who runs the service you can complain to PhonepayPlus. We regulate premium rate services in the UK and can offer you free advice or investigate the problem on your behalf.

Why complain about a premium rate service

You may want to complain about a premium rate service for one of the following reasons:

• the cost of the text or call isn’t stated
  • misleading claims are made about the service
  • the content is offensive
  • the service is unnecessarily long which makes it expensive
  • a prize is promised but isn’t delivered
  • a request to stop the service is ignored

Who to complain to about a premium rate service

If you have a complaint about a premium rate service you should complain to:

• the company that runs the service
  • PhonepayPlus (if you’re unable to contact the company or they fail to resolve your complaint)

If you don’t recognise the number you want to complain about, you can enter the number into Number Checker to check if we have the name and contact details for the company running the service.

How to complain to PhonepayPlus

You can complain to PhonepayPlus by:

• completing our online complaint form
  • calling our free helpline on 0800 500 212 (open 9pm-5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
  • writing to PhonepayPlus, Freepost, WC5468, London SE1 2BR

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/For-the-Public/Make-a-complaint.aspx

Getting There
Helen+Mclean

1 No
2 No
3 No
Getting There
Helen+Mclean

[ Edited ]

My Ac No is
<REMOVED>

• Edited: Removed sensitive/personal information

Staff
JKeenan

Hi Helen + McLean

I've sent you a private message on this

John

Staff
JKeenan

Hi

09059150100 is a Helpline Gateway Premium rate service that connects customers to other companies such as Paypal etc, these numbers are usually obtained by customers googling for a contact number for the company. Unfortunately these Premium Rate numbers are not usually operated by the companies themselves and they merely act as middlemen or divert your call to the company concerned.

In the UK Premium Rate numbers are regulated by an organisation called Phonepay Plus, if customers believe they have been charged for a Premium Rate number in error then the process to follow is noted below, I would strongly recommend that customers follow this process when faced by Premium Rate charges they were not expecting.

1          Complain about a premium rate number

If you experience problems with a premium rate number, text or subscription service, such as being overcharged, you should complain to the company who runs the service or your phone network. If they fail to resolve your complaint quickly or you’re unable to find out who runs the service you can complain to PhonepayPlus. We regulate premium rate services in the UK and can offer you free advice or investigate the problem on your behalf.

Why complain about a premium rate service

You may want to complain about a premium rate service for one of the following reasons:

• the cost of the text or call isn’t stated
  • misleading claims are made about the service
  • the content is offensive
  • the service is unnecessarily long which makes it expensive
  • a prize is promised but isn’t delivered
  • a request to stop the service is ignored

Who to complain to about a premium rate service

If you have a complaint about a premium rate service you should complain to:

• the company that runs the service
  • PhonepayPlus (if you’re unable to contact the company or they fail to resolve your complaint)

If you don’t recognise the number you want to complain about, you can enter the number into Number Checker to check if we have the name and contact details for the company running the service.

How to complain to PhonepayPlus

You can complain to PhonepayPlus by:

• completing our online complaint form
  • calling our free helpline on 0800 500 212 (open 9pm-5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays)
  • writing to PhonepayPlus, Freepost, WC5468, London SE1 2BR

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/For-the-Public/Make-a-complaint.aspx

I'm New Here
darkangel-1234

I have also had to complain using the form you provided.
I have received 2 calls showing on my bill totalling £40.46 for a time when no-one was in the house at all!

Not happy and thinking of going elsewhere for my phone line in future!!!