Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
GazL

I have a Thomson router and am unable to connect my Sky box to Broadband what is the solution

Why am I unable to join my Sky+ HD box to my Thomspon broadband router

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
AvoriazSkier

Re: I have a Thomson router and am unable to connect my...

[ Edited ]

How are you trying to connect? Easiest is directly using a LAN patch cable. Wirelessly you need a wifi dongle from Sky.

Still a victim of bureaucracy!
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Ross-M

Re: I have a Thomson router and am unable to connect my Sky box to Broadband what is the solution

Afternoon GazL,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you and I have moved your message here for further assistance to you.

As AvoriazSkier has advised the best connection is wired Ethernet connection from your broadband router to your Sky + HD box where this is possible. If not you can get a wireless connector from the Sky shop.

If  you need further assistance please let me know your version and model number (services, 0, 3) and how you are connected to your router.

Thanks,

Ross
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Super User
caesarome

Re: I have a Thomson router and am unable to connect my Sky box to Broadband what is the solution

GazL wrote:

Why am I unable to join my Sky+ HD box to my Thomspon broadband router

As you can see here:

http://help.sky.com/tv/using-on-demand/fix-problems-with-on-demand

Your Thomson box is unable to recieve On Demand and Catch Up services so you would need to call Sky about getting a replacement box if you want to use these services.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.