Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
Secretlyfay

How to tune in 2nd TV

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place, this is my first post!  I have a new 2nd TV in the bedroom (linsar) which replaces our old non digitial one.  The TV is linked via arial/cable to the main TV via a box in the attic. (sorry, it was a long time ago that we did this and I can't remember what sort of box etc it was).  We do not have a magic eye and so have never been able to change over sky in the bedroom, but have always received it no problem.  I have tuned the new tv in via auto tune and it is receiving Freeview, but how can I also tune Sky in? Would be really grateful for help.  Do I to do it manually on the analogue setting, and if so which channels/frequency.  Or do I do it manually on digitial.  Thanks so much!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
On The Up
Ragnarok

Re: How to tune in 2nd TV

If your old TV was getting the Sky feed using the same aerial lead, then it must be just a case of tuning in the set as you suspect.  If you have not changed the Sky box output settings, it will be on UHF channel 68.  Note it is an analogue signal, not a digital signal - it sounds as if the automatic tuning you have carried out was for digital stations.  Some TV sets look for both analogue and digital when auto-tuning, some need to be tuned separately for analogue & digital.  You'll have to read the TV instruction book.  There's a chance that the TV *did* find the Sky signal and save it, but you have not switched the TV to analogue mode when you tried to find the right channel to view Sky.

A remote eye might make life easier BTW - you can get them fairly cheaply if you search a few online stores - I bought one on Thursday for under £6 (free delivery) and it arrived this morning.  If you get one, you will need to switch on the power feed to RF2 using the hidden menu.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
El Capo
Kenneth+M

When you get the magic eye connected to the co-axial cable from the Sky box ( thence to 'Aerial In' on the tv ), switch on the digibox RF2 Outlet Power Supply in order to enable you to change Sky channels remotely.  On the Sky remote, press Services 0 0 1 and then press Select.  Note there is no onscreen response as you press the second '0' & the '1', just press the full sequence.  Then scroll right to 'RF Outlets' and press Select.  Toggle RF Outlet Power Supply to 'ON' and press green to Save Settings.  The red light on the eye should now be lit.

Run an analogue scan on the tv, and the Sky signal should be picked up.  If the picture is snowy etc, recheck your connectors.  You may also have to use a different ( lower ) RF Channel Number.  Each time you change the digibox RF Channel, remember to press green to Save Settings, and also to re-run an analogue scan on the tv.

If there are any problems, get back to us.

Getting There
Salophatter

Hi - I had exactly the same issue and followed your instructions successfully (thanks) - except there is no sound on the Sky channel (C68); the picture on 68 is fine, as is the volume on all the digital channels.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

El Capo
Kenneth+M

Manually tweak the tv's analogue channel up/down and see if you get the sound.  No reason why not.  Or try a different RF Channel.

Getting There
Salophatter

Tried tweaking - still nothing. All other TVs in other rooms are ok (got Sky through to three other rooms) and the one that this one replaced was also fine. It's really odd...

How do I try a diffeent RF channel?

Super User
caesarome

Via the engineers menu, details of how to get it is in Kenneth's post above (2nd post in this thread).

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
El Capo
Kenneth+M

Salophatter wrote:

Tried tweaking - still nothing. All other TVs in other rooms are ok (got Sky through to three other rooms) and the one that this one replaced was also fine. It's really odd...

How do I try a diffeent RF channel?

If the other tv's linked from the Sky box are OK, the problem must be in the cable connectors.  Check them all.  Also make sure you haven't accidentally 'muted' the tv.

Getting There
Salophatter

Hi Kenneth - thanks for your replies.

I've tried everything now and the situation is this:-

All other channels have sound apart from Sky (C68); the TV is not muted;

I've fine tuned it - no change;

All other TVs connected to the Sky box in other rooms have sound on C68;

The TV that this one replaced worked fine;

I've taken apart the aerial connector and re-assembled it.

Still nothing.

I'm really stumped; the only variable in all this is the aerial connector into the TV, which I had to remove to decorate the room, but I reassembled it exactly as it was and anyway the volume on the digital channels is fine.

Can you suggest anything else? Is it worth me trying the RF channel suggestion, even though all the other TVs connected are OK?

Cheers and thanks in advance for your help...

Kev

Super User
Mark39

Check the PAL setting on your TV. It may be set for European/other countries and if so, will result in no sound on analogue channels.

Getting There
Salophatter

The spec says "TV broadcasting: PAL/SECAM B/G D/K K' I/I' L/L' and Audio: German + Nicam Stereo. It was manufactured in Turkey (it's JVC).

Is that what you meant? And does that give you any more clues??! And if so, is there anything I can do about it??

El Capo
Kenneth+M

See if you can change to PAL I.  Should be in the tv menu somewhere.

Getting There
Salophatter

Just been through every setting option and it's not there...

Super User
Mark39

What model is it? May be able to find an online manual to help you.

Getting There
Salophatter

JVC LT-19DD3J

Thanks...