Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
A.M.D
Accepted Solution

How to set up sky mail in Outlook 2010?

Hi,

I am trying to set up my sky email account in Outlook 2010 however, I keep getting error messages. I looked at some articles online about how to set it up but it still doesn't work. My hotmail account set up straight away so I know the software is not the problem. Can anyone please tell me how to set up my sky email account in Outlook 2010. 

Any replies will be greatly appriciated.

Thank you.

Alex.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: How to set up sky mail in Outlook 2010?

Have a read of this:

http://help.sky.com/email/sky-yahoo-mail-switchover/get-emails-on-your-windows-desktop-client

If you are getting error messages please let us know what they are !

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
A.M.D

Thanks for the reply. That was one of the first things I read. I got the error message the test email failed to send or something like that. I just retried it and it worked.
Thank you.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hi A.M.D,

It's great to read that you can now make full use of the Sky email service we provide :smileyhappy:

I'm also glad to read that one of our community superusers was able to assist you.

If you have any other questions or queries in the future then please let me know.

Thanks 

Visitor
A.M.D

Thank you for the reply. It is very useful being able to use Outlook 2010. 

Thanks for the very fast replies.

Occasional Visitor
maccapete

I am having difficulty setting up my Sky email on Outlook 2010, I have follwed the instructions on the Sky site with the port numbers etc... and am getting the following message on the test email.

"Send test e-mail message: Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: 554 Transaction failed :  Cannot send message due to p"

Super User
caesarome

I have replied to the topic you have started on this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Community Coordinator
Peter-WH

Hi caesarome, maccapete and A.M.D. Delete email from your client and setup using this link please http://help.sky.com/email/set-up-sky-yahoo-mail/get-emails-on-your-windows-desktop-client#!2010

Regards Pete

Peter-WH
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Super User
caesarome

@Peter-WH

I think AMD has fixed this issue by now, check the date of this post.

The advice I posted in the other thread on this should fix the issue as deleting the email as you have suggested might not fix it.

I do not work for Sky.