Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
Lowfellboy
Accepted Solution

How to set up new Sky Remote

Help or advice please.

My Sky remote is on it's last legs, 6 years old and the buttons keep freezing, and I will buy a new one.

Can anyone tell me how to set up or tune in please, or will all instructions come with?

My experience of these items is one of lack of instructions.

For reference,

I have Sky+ downstairs, with normal Sky upstairs, connected to 2 TVs and the 'eye'with the old box and remote.

It is the old remote upstairs which needs replacing.

Thanks in advance

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Pete+H2K

Re: How to set up new Sky Remote

Hi,

Do  you use the remote to controll your tv too ? if not, then there shouldnt be anything to do as long as you get a remote for that type of box - as there are differnt remotes for sky, sky+ and skyHD.

Cheers

Pete

If this post has helped you, you can thank me by clicking the pink star to give me Kudos :-)
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Turn on the tv.  To programme the remote to operate your tv, on the Sky remote:

1.Press 'tv'

2.Press 'Select' and the red button together ( remote red LED blinks twice )

3.Press 'tv' again

4.Key in the code for your tv ( remote red LED blinks twice again if the code is in the remote memory).

5.Press the standby button on the Sky remote.  The tv should switch off.

If it does, press 'Select' on the Sky remote to store the code. ( remote red LED blinks twice ).  If not, start again with a different code.

More: http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/remote-controls/operate-tv-with-sky-remote/

Contributor
Lowfellboy

Many thanks for the replies.

Kenneth, the code you refer to, is that the 4 digit code you type in for parental control, or is there another one required for the TV.

Thanks again.

Contributor
Lowfellboy

Thanks Pete,

I only use the Sky remote for watching Sky once the tv is on the cable channel. I do not use it for volume control or switch between tv and sky.

Thanks again

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

"is that the 4 digit code you type in for parental control, or is there another one required for the TV."

It's the tv code.

Contributor
Lowfellboy

Sorry to sound like a complete numpty.

The sky box upstairs feeds 2 tv sets, one attached to box, the other attached to the same box via a magic eye.

Which tv code do I use?

The remote is only used to select sky and subsequent channels, not for DVD or sound control.

Thanks again for your help.

Pete+H2K

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you do not use the Sky remote to controll your TV to change channels, turn on and off, or volume, then there is nothing you need to do.

It should work as it is. However, if i remember correctly a Sky+ remote will not fully work on a HD or standard set top box.

If you wanted to use the Sky remote to turn the TV on / off etc, then you have to enter a code which is related to the make of the tv as Kenneth+M described..  You can also use Sky Interactive for instructions on performing this task.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Pete

If this post has helped you, you can thank me by clicking the pink star to give me Kudos :-)
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

The code is for the tv where the remote is.  If it's not needed for volume or on/off functions, don't bother with it.

Contributor
Lowfellboy

Many thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

I bought a new remote at tesco,s (had them on special) and left it upstairs to sort out later, only to find my 12 year old daughter was fed up of waiting and had sorted it out....easy as she said.

Thanks again

Pete+H2K

Hi,

Hum...

Maybe we should include this in our advice.

If all else fails, and you have a child between the ages of 5 and 14, give it to them and all will be solved ;-)

I remember when we first got a VCR, my parents went out to consult their friends on the usage of such device (went up the pub) as they got confused by the instructions, only to come home to a fully plumbed in and working system - took me all of 5 minutes...

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

Pete

Visitor
rpcb61

Can i have the correct Sky Remote code for a Toshiba 32BV500B

Visitor
rpcb61

I reset the remote back to default with code 981. My Sky remote now controls the tv fine.

wumph

Hello,  I have just posted reply on Another request for Remote Code. I tried 981 but did not work, nor did 0037 as suggested on other message.  I have a Bauer DUR tv which generally I satisfied with, just cannot get the code for the remote. Thank you for trying to help the people who have asked.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

[ Edited ]

Hi wumph,

If you can try the following codes below to set up your Sky remote control code.

1. 0292

2. 0726

3. 1643

One of those codes should hopefully sort this out for you.

Let us know how you get on :smileyhappy:

Thanks.