Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
John293949
Accepted Solution

How to make a callback on Sky + HD

I have very often got a letter from Sky denoting "Multiroom Connection Problem". Usually the telephone connection is lost if the wires are disturbed occasionally. Unplugging and re-plugging the wires usually makes my equipment tell me the telephone connection is there. On the back of the letter when I try to perform a call-back, I cannot make my Sky+HD box to actually call Sky back. I can make my normal sky box make the call-back but cannot do it with the HD box. For when in Step 7 on the back of the letter, nothing happens. The TV screen never shows "Call-Back in progress"

Does anyone know the exact steps to make a Sky + HD box to perform a callback ? This can avoid calling Sky and getting help from an overseas call-centre, which takes a lot of time.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Re: How to make a callback on Sky + HD

[ Edited ]

Hi John293949

To do a call back all you need to do is follow the instructions below.  

Using Sky Remote Control:

1. Press Services. Services menu with Options highlighted displays.
  2. Press right arrow, highlight Settings and press Select. Settings menu with Picture highlighted displays
  3. Press 0, 1 and Select to access hidden Installer Setup menu. Set up displays.
  4. Press right arrow to highlight New Install and press Select. On screen message (OSM):"Ensure that the satellite dish is correctly aligned and connected and the viewing card is inserted" displays.
  5. Press select. Signal strength and signal quality displays. 

Thanks 

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Guyver9069

[ Edited ]

I've had the same problem. The answer given by the Sky person isn't what was asked for, in that a rebuild isn't the answer as it will wipe your recordings. The issue is just that step 7 doesn't work, it just sits there doing nothing. This is on both machines in the house. Anyone with ideas?

Community Coordinator
Jason-H

[ Edited ]

Hi Guyver9069.

Thanks for getting in touch on the Sky Help Forum to let us know that you are also having issues with your Sky Multiscreen connection.

I'm a little bit confused as you have referred to the fact that "step 7 doesn't work" but Jane has only provided a 5 step guide on how to perform a manual callback. Can you confirm if you're trying this?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers, 

Jason-H
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.