Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
ThePanders

How to full system reset

Hi,

I have just replaced a faulty drive in a Samsung Sky+ HD box and want to do a full system reset. I've been through alll of the menu options but cannot find it on the new menu system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
sarge99-sky

Re: How to full system reset

Menu option is in the Installers Menu - instructions here.

However, I recommend NOT using the FSR in the installers menu but the hardware based reset - instructions here. Reason : previous problems reported on this site with installer menu not functioning quite the same as the hardware reset.

If you agree with what I've posted or I've been able to help you - please add a kudo (pink button left of post) Thanks.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Annie+UK

Re: How to full system reset

Turn the box fully off at the mains, Hold down Left & right on the box whilst turning the box back on again, release left & right when the circle lights up.

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.

Anyone running the R010.070.58.06p EPG software is advised to do a manual update ASAP, instructions can be found here (no recordings or settings will be lost).