Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
T.Delanowski

How to delete My Sky online account?

Hello,

How to delete my unwonted MySky online account ?

I have had it as my previous account but at the moment i had to create another one with my new order at my new flat.

I could not do Online Home Move (system did not allows me to do it so i had to phone you and sort it out).

At the moment I have two Online account which one is for the new flat and the old one is from my previous sky account which is cancelled.

I do not need one of them (this one which I actually post this message) - how to cancel my online account ?

Thank you for your help.

Tom

PS. Sorry for my English.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
jason-d

Re: How to delete My Sky online account?

Good Evening T.Delanowski

First of all welcome to the Sky Help Forum and thanks for taking the time to make your first post.

I'm sorry however I am struggling a little to fully understand your post.

If you currently have a Sky account, you will have a primary Sky ID associated with the account. When you're moving home you won't need to make a new one as you will use your current ID and follow the moving home process online.

Regards

jason-d
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
Paul.James

T.Delanowski is asking how to delete his online account that he no londer needs! 

Is there a way that this can be done? (This could solve my issue if your able to delete and then setup your account again). 

Visitor
TomaszD

[ Edited ]

Paul has right!

I just set up another account because system did not allows me to order broadband using my old account, now I have got two accounts but i do not need one of them which number is: <Removed>

Could you just remove my online account associated to this number ?

Then reactivate my old account to let me go thorough broadband order process.

Is it possible ?

Please do something, I am phoning you from 3 days and nobody can help me :smileysad:

Thank you

Tom

Regular Visitor
T.Delanowski

I see I must to find other broadband provider because you are unable to resolve my problem.

Retired Staff Member
Samantha-K

T.Delanowski,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I understand what you mean, you set up a new Sky iD so as to order to purchase the relevant products.

Are the two My Sky accounts linked to the same home account? If they are then the second account you set up will be a secondary account and the first Sky iD ( the one you want to remove) will be the primary.

If they are linked to two different home accounts then you will have a primary iD for each Sky account.

Unfortunately either way Sky iD's cannot be deleted. In order to find out if your second account is primary or secondary, can you log into My Sky and tell me if you are able to view your billing information.

Thanks

Visitor
TomaszD

On one of the account - this new one is information about canceled order (which is OK), but I did ordered sky Broadband on Sunday (20.05.2012) by phone and only what can I see is this canceled order. I did get a few texts msg. with information about line activation and my new landline phone number. But this is all. I would like to sort it out for good, please do something because it is so annoying...

Regular Visitor
T.Delanowski

Hi again,

now I have got set my broadband - i had to do this by phone. Everything is working no to bad.

But - i have received welcome letter froum you Sky, and i have another account in your system! this is third one !!! guys, please do something with this, are you kidding me ? what am I suppose to do now, i even do not know which one can I use to view my online bills. What a annoing thing...

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi T.Delanoswki, 

Sorry to see that this has happened, you should be able to manage the Sky iD's associated with your Sky Account and remove any that you do not wish to use.

To do this log in to www.sky.com/mysky using the primary Sky iD for your Sky account (the one you want to keep active) then select Additional Users from the Profile & Settings menu.

You should see the additional Sky iD's listed and have the option to remove them.

I hope this helps.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
T.Delanowski

[ Edited ]

Hi Robert,

I think you misunderstand me.

I have got three accounts with long numbers, like: {REMOVED} - this is my third one.

And another two of them I have set mySky iD which I do not wont, and I do not want the accounts with this long number name.

I want a mysky id to the new one and that is all.

Occasional Visitor
c.wiseman

I would also like to fully delete my account as I am no longer a Sky Subscriber.  And annoyingly enough I just received a reminder up about a movie I wouldn't ever watch!

I don't require Sky services anymore.

Occasional Visitor
caitlin+l

u told me that i didnt want to know that i wanted to know how to delete it because i dont want it anymore because i wont be using it.

ps: ive got tv so idont this this accoutn thats why i want to know how to delete it ok

T.Delanowski wrote:

Hello,

How to delete my unwonted MySky online account ?

I have had it as my previous account but at the moment i had to create another one with my new order at my new flat.

I could not do Online Home Move (system did not allows me to do it so i had to phone you and sort it out).

At the moment I have two Online account which one is for the new flat and the old one is from my previous sky account which is cancelled.

I do not need one of them (this one which I actually post this message) - how to cancel my online account ?

Thank you for your help.

Tom

PS. Sorry for my English.

Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Hi All,

For anyone with this issue - if you have more than one account due to cancelling your old one and rejoining Sky. It is not possible to cancel/remove your old online account, you would just need to not sign into it again.

The old online account will remain in place but you will only be able to access your new account information from your new online account.

It is not possible to transfer your old username/email address to your new account, you would need to create a new username/email account.

I hope this claryfies things.

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
thomas+mc+gill

cancel my accout

Occasional Visitor
thomas+mc+gill

help !!! I'm osillating