Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
MxBobby

How to change Wifi router password and Name??

Please help me..TIA
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: How to change Wifi router password and Name??

Login to your router by typing 192.168.0.1 into your browser address bar and using these details to log into it:

Username -  admin

Password - sky

You can change the router name in the WIRELESS setting section, it is called the "Name (SSID)". And your password (called the network key) should be on the same page. Remeber to apply/save you changes before exiting.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
MxBobby

The password and the user name you gave is wrong.. The authentication did not accept that..
Super User
caesarome

Then you must have changed it as they are the default ones. You are using a router or hiv that has been supplied by Sky ?
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
MxBobby

Yes.. The router is cisco.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi MxBobby,

Thank you for coming to the Sky Help Forum for tech support. :smileyhappy:

I see that caesarome has been trying to help. Thanks caesarome.

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news however we are unable to give you any assistance on this as we only support Sky issued equipment. I don't use this kind of router so I couldn't even give you my personal advice on it. My suggestion would be to look out for someone like caesarome from within the community that has experience with this.

I hope to get the help you need.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Leone+and+Paul

I fear someone is logged onto my WiFi- I have been trying to change my internet password using the instructions but it keeps asking for a username and password. I have tried the default ones, I've tried the ones I use to log onto here and I've tried the ones off my router. I am really struggling and very confused. I'm hoping someone can guide me and give me some instructions  many tbanks 

Super User
caesarome

These are the login details you need:

Username: admin

Password: sky

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
garnz

if i reset it..it will have same password?

Super User
caesarome

garnz wrote:

if i reset it..it will have same password?

If you mean the login details for the router/hub then yes they will still be admin and sky

I do not work for Sky.
Frequent Visitor
JOHN+I9I4

once you reset your router make sure you change your password the default is so easy for people to see and rember due to it being on your router people only need to write it down or add it on a device and your back tp square one with someone using your wifi for free 

Occasional Visitor
Erirhomurien

Hello Sky. Thanks for your help with the change in password. If the password is changed isnt this procedure open to anyone connected to wifi to see the new password? Please could you show us a more secured way of changing password so not everyone connected to your wifi can see the new password? 

Many thanks

Super User
caesarome

As long as you are using security then nobody can see your password even if you change it apart from you.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Erirhomurien

Thank you for your prompt response. What do you mean by " as long as you are using security"? The password and user name to the link you use in changing the password is shared here to anyone reading this blog by doing a google search. If someone who already has your pasdword is connected this way they can use this password to go see the link for changing the password. 

I just wondered if to get to the link for changing password is more secured or if the password shown via the link isnt visible when changed becase at present, it is.

Grateful if you can explain further.