Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Emilee

How to block ports 5223 and 5222 on Sky Hub SR101

Can anyone talk me through blocking wi-fi access to ports 5222 and  5223 on the SR101 Sky Hub please?

I know you do it via port forwarding in firewall rules but I cannot find the correct port from the drop down menu. It is for either xmpp or ssl.

Is this possible at all?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
lainys

Re: How to block ports 5223 and 5222 on Sky Hub SR101

[ Edited ]

Hello Emilee, 

Thank you for your recent post to the community.

I am sorry to let you know this is not something we would support so I am unable to advise on blocking ports.

Maybe another community member will assist you further.

Kind Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
speedyrite

Re: How to block ports 5223 and 5222 on Sky Hub SR101

I think you would have to create a service for each of the two port numbers (Security > Services > Add Custom Service) and then add a rule referencing each of the new custom services to either outbound services and/or inbound services as desired - don't forget to click on the "Apply' button at the bottom of the page (whenever it is there as you go along).

"All opinions are my own, other advice may be available and may differ from mine.
I do not work for Sky, I'm just a customer like you!
If my advice has helped you, say thanks by clicking on thumbs up"