Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
saevrami
Accepted Solution

How do you turn on RF2 9v on a sky+hd box

Hi can anyone tell me how to turn on the RF2 9v on a sky+hd box. Its a brand new box and the usual services 4 0 1 doesn't seem to work.

saevrami

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: How do you turn on RF2 9v on a sky+hd box

On a Sky+HD box, the hidden menu is Services 0 0 1 & press Select.  Then go to RF Outlets and turn the power on, remembering to save the settings.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
david+hibbitt

HI i am trying to connect a magic to a second tele,i can not gain access to get to the rf2 , i have gone into servics and can not finl the hidden menu.

Super User
Mark39

The keying sequence is in Kenneth's post immediately above yours. Complete the sequence without pausing between key presses and without waiting for the screen to change after each press - it won't. A tip is to avoid looking at the screen at all while you're doing this, look at the remote instead.

Bri-fi

I have follwed the instructions posted, wsitched power on and pressed green button to save, but the picture is sent to the other TV, but no control with remote (magic eye does not light). What am I missing?

Super User
Mark39

Check the magic eye is ok and the RF output power is on, by plugging the eye directly into the RF2 socket at the back of your sky box. If it lights ok, then you have a break in the DC circuit somewhere between the RF2 socket and the end of the coax where you plug in the eye.

Bri-fi

I had pluged the cable in rf 1 instead of rf 2 out. Now its working!

Thanks anyway if anyone was going to respond.

Visitor
Dr+Monkey

Is there any other way to check whether the power is working out of the RF2?

I've tried to set up the magic eye with 2 different ones, the picture works and is sent to the second tv fine, but I just can't seem to get the magic eye's working. I have tried pluggin both into the back of the sky+ hd box but both of them don't seem to be getting power?

Super User
Mark39

Assuming the RF2 output power is set to 'on'? Yes, you can check with a voltmeter, if you have one. Put the red probe on the centre pin of the RF2 output socket, and the black one on the outer part of the socket (don't short them!) and you should see a reading of about 9v DC.

Visitor
Dr+Monkey

If I have one of those simple devices that look like a pen and light of when it has power would that do if I put it on the centre pin?
Super User
Mark39

It depends if it's designed to work with low voltage DC. Many of the simpler ones are designed to detect mains voltage only. You would need to check the instructions that came with it, I'm afraid.

Occasional Visitor
Dasycneme

Don't forget go to "Services" THEN 001 "select" not just 001 select, ok silly me :smileyhappy:
Occasional Visitor
Dolls+house+queen

I'm trying to sort a magic eye for a friend and cannot turn the Rf2 power on and off, anyone know the secret and care to share please.
Super User
Mark39

If it's a Sky+HD box or a recent Sky+ box, see message 2 above. If it's an older, white, Sky+ box, key Services,4,0,1,Select on your remote.

Occasional Visitor
leebeetee

TO ADD MAGIC EYE