Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
LS-122
Accepted Solution

How do you change channels on the Netgear Router?

Hi,

Does anyone know how you change wi-fi channels on my sky wireless router? I want to change the channels because my router is currently upstairs and i mainly use the laptop downstairs and i keep getting interference when i use the microwave oven. I have tried moving the router downstairs but it still interferes with the connection,i cannot load webpages etc while the microwave is running, i have read on some other websites that changing the channel can help solve this but i don't know how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

Re: How do you change channels on the Netgear Router?

http://192.168.0.1

user name = admin

password = sky

click on wireless settings and the channel setting (may currently be on auto) should be towards the top.

I am currently on channel 13 due to people not looking before they change channel so you may want to have a look at a tool such as netstumbler (if on windows) to see what channels are clear around you.

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
leggylass123

I get disconnected from the ps3 whenever my phone rings. When I click on wireless settings to change the channel (currently on '1') it does not give me an option to change it. How do I access this facility please?

Super User
caesarome

leggylass123 wrote:

I get disconnected from the ps3 whenever my phone rings.

Have you checked your microfilters as usually a faulty one will cause this to happen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
D+J+D+Williams

Hi

Can you let me know if i can change my SKY router settings without being connected to the internet. i have recently moved and need to change it for my Airplay but have not had my broadband installed yet.

Thank you in advance

Regular Visitor
BenHarvey

where am I putting the 192.168.0.1?  I typed it in my web browser on my phone and lap top but it doesnt come up.  Is there some other place I am supposed to be doing this?  I am trying to change the wi fi channel to get a better signal

Occasional Visitor
D+J+D+Williams

it goes in your web browser on your computer starting http://