Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
joh1

How do I watch sky hd (it's a new box with WiFi) in another room without paying for multiroom?

I used to have sky + and my digisender worked great. I upgraded to sky hd (with WiFi) and the digisender no longer worked. I bought 2 different digisenders but the interference is terrible. I can't have multiroom a) because I don't want to pay for it and b) my dish is on the chimney and not accessible. What can I do to be able to watch sky in another room? Or can I split the signal in the house to still get sky hd (and record) in my living room but also get free Sat (with another receiver) in another room.......... Please help thanks!!!
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Re: How do I watch sky hd (it's a new box with WiFi) in another room without paying for multiroom?

I suspect the interference your digisender is picking up is caused by the wireless connection to your Sky box - you could check by temporarily disabling the wireless service in your Sky box settings. (I could never get a sender to work properly for this reason). A 5.8GHz sender may work better, as it's less prone to the 2.4GHz interference caused by most wireless routers, but has less range.

There are alternative ways of connecting to your Sky box - an IO Link (www.sky.com/accessories) would enable you to install a simple coax connection between your box and the other TV. Or a long HDMI, SCART or composite cable. Or HDMI over ethernet (cat 5 or cat 6 cables). I use an HD wireless sender which is completely inteference free, but didn't come cheap.

It's not possible to split the dish cables I'm afraid.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
joh1

Re: How do I watch sky hd (it's a new box with WiFi) in another room without paying for multiroom?

Ok thanks very much I'll get an IO link