Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
lmun
Accepted Solution

How do I setup Sky email on kindle fire HD.

I have followed the instructions from the website, several times, with no success, as there appears to be several methods, though none seem to work.

I am trying the following,

Add account - other provider (Also tried Gmail, but sky instruction said not too)

enter email address and password twice

Incoming server settings

IMAP Server - imap.tools.sky.com

Security type - SSL/TLS (accept all certificates)

Port - 993

Outgoing server settings 

SMTP Server - smtp.tools.sky.com

Security type - SSL/TLS (accept all certificates) Also tried STARTTLS as per instructions

Port - 465

enter email address and password

Everytime, unable to finish account setup (Email address or password incorrect(Invalid credentials(Failure))

Any further advice would be appreciated!!!!! Any queries I have seen on this so far, has sent me to instructions which end up with same result...........Am I missing something??

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

How do I setup Sky email on kindle fire HD.

Hi Imun, sometimes when setting up a new device the account can be locked as the server suspects suspicious activity. This results in your log in being rejected.

Could you run your details though http://goo.gl/3b2Zk and let us know the outcome?
Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Caksy1

Re: How do I setup Sky email on kindle fire HD.

Had the same problem and eventually set it up using gmail auto settings.  Now works.  Hope that helps.

Visitor
ian+gravestock

It worked for us using all of your settings, BUT we had to eliminate Signing In Required. It then worked.

Visitor
tillymol

i followed your instructions but did not tick box with Signing In Required and it worked immediately! so pleased it has taken me a week to figure this out!!

Occasional Visitor
mrs+moo

Hi done all the above and even the unlock link but still nothing,please help.
Occasional Visitor
mrs+moo

Working now,thanks
Occasional Visitor
mandaxpanda

I havin problems keep getting error- (unable to connect to server)
Help!?
xx
Super User
caesarome

I have just replied to your other post.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
PKenny-KindleFire

I've tried setting up my Kindel Fire using all the forum info to date. I've unlocked my email account. Enabled both POP and IMAP on my email account, but still isn't working.

Setup required by Kindle

Incoming Server Settings

Username - full sky email address

Password

IMAP Servier - imap.tools.sky.com

Security type - SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)

Port - 993

Outgoing Server Setting

SMTP server - smpt.tools.sky.com

Security type - SSL/TLS (accept all certificates.

Port - 465

Username - full email address

Password

Again I've unlocked the account, the POP and IMAP settings are still enabled on my email account.  What am I doing wrong?

Paul

Super User
caesarome

I don't know if it is a spelling mistake but the smtp server should be:

smtp.tools.sky.com, you have the p and t the wrong way round.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
Tamz

Same issues as many of the people posting above... plse help! I have set everything up for IMAP but not done anything on POP3 yet... what do I need to do?
Super User
caesarome

Tamz wrote:
Same issues as many of the people posting above... plse help!

What is you actual issue, please explain and we will try to help.

I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
Tamz

I have tried to set up my sky email on my Kindle Fire HD and it keeps telling me that theemail address and password are incorrect... Incorrect credentials. I have gone through the various steps to go through for the IMAP but not changed anything on the POP3 settings... What can I do? Cheers
Super User
caesarome

Have you du. Your details through the unlock tool in Malcolm's post ?

I do not work for Sky.