Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
Diane81

How do I connect my sky + box to my phone line/broadband

Ive had sky+ for about 2 years now, it was set up without me having a phone line. I recently upgraded so now have sky talk and broadband. How do I connect my sky box to my phone line? what cables do I need? I only have 1 phone socket in that is the little box that my phone and router is plugged into. Will I need another splitter box? Sorry dont know the exact name of it. I really want to be able to access anytime+ but when I rang customer services they werent very helpfull, they just said "you'll need to plug it in"??? what into where with what kind of cable???:catfrustrated:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Re: How do I connect my sky + box to my phone line/broadband

For anytime plus you would need to connect your sky box to the broadband box via ethernet cable.

For box office movies and events you would need a bt to rj11 phone cable (wilkinsons sell them)

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
ScottyMcJack

Hi, I have the same question and to be honest I don't find this reply hugey useful. I would like to have access to Sky Anytime AND box office movies, not one or the other. Can anyone please the let me know the exact cables that I need to buy and where they go to and from? I also only have one phone socket which currently has the micro filter in it and with my phone and broadband plugged into it. Would massively appreciate any clear guidance on this. Thanks
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Hi scotty, Let me try explain a little better.

For the box office and ppv events you would need one of these HERE

For anytime plus you would need to connect your sky BB router to your Sky+HD box with one of these HERE

Any more problems please ask

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Getting There
the+confused+one

Does my broadband have to be with sky in order to use sky on demand as I have connected my router to my sky box via Ethernet cable and the bb company that I am with is talk talk is it compatable?
Super User
kato

the+confused+one wrote:
Does my broadband have to be with sky in order to use sky on demand as I have connected my router to my sky box via Ethernet cable and the bb company that I am with is talk talk is it compatable?

You can use any provider to access Anytime+.:smileyhappy:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.