Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Dfer

How do I cancel my Sky subscription

All I want to do is cancel my sky tv subscription due to financial constraints. I do not want to have to ring and be made all sorts of offers to keep my custom however I do want to keep my Sky Talk telephone package if possible. Sky seem to cover everything on their website except for a simple 'cancellation' option! Perhaps I should just cancel my direct debit at the bank?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Re: How do I cancel my Sky subscription

The only way to cancel would be by calling the CS number. or using 150 from your sky talk line, You can remove tv and just keep your phone, if you have broadband this would be £2.50 extra per month (surcharge for not having tv)
If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Dfer wrote:

Perhaps I should just cancel my direct debit at the bank?

Not a good idea. Firstly it won't stop your service so you'll end up owing more money, and in a worst case scenario, could get you a bad credit record.

Visitor
c+simmons

please cancel my sky subscription for tv please

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi c+simmons 

Thanks for taking the time to join the Forum. 

Sorry to see that your looking to cancel your tv services. 

This is not something that cannot be done on the Forum please use the Contact Us Link to do this or call 08442 41 41 41

Cheers 

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Harry+and+Sylvia

Due to finicial problems I wish to cancel my HD channel. I do not want to telephone as I have to wait to long for an answer

Super User
Mark39

I'm afraid you can't cancel via the forum. You can cancel via email but bear in mind you have to give 31 days notice and a reply to an email may take 7-10 days.

Occasional Visitor
dobitocilor

I've got a Sky tv & broadband contract since 2009, but now I have to cancel it as I'm moving abroad. So, I phoned that ''customer services'' three days ago, and a  woman called Vicky did nothing else than annoy me: I had to explain her the whole story in details, she asked me all personal datas for identification, including the Sky contract number, but at the end she said she can't deal with my request as I'm not able to identify myself 100%, because I don't have a ''security password'' which I should require the time I did the contract (that was in 2009). Therefore I hanged up the phone, went online to my bank account and cancel the debit.  She can keep the contract forever !!! I'm gone.

Occasional Visitor
bugslife

Wth great dificulty. I just kept saying not intrested I just want to cancel. 13 minints later I got there. Its not customer service its dis service.

Contributor
McGrath1982

I to found it hard to cancel down my Sky TV 3 days in fact Wednesday and Thursday they just wouldn't help at all. But yesterday I was able to give 31 days notice, I just don't see what all the problem is??? when you leave as a paying customer I and everybody else has the right to cancel but Sky use all the tricks in the book to keep you as a customer. I've been with Sky a long time with TV but how they where with me over the last 3 days has opened my eyes about ever coming back with Sky for TV.
Occasional Visitor
Nadiya