Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
naughton+I

How do I activate sky + on demand

It's sending me crazy, I want to activate on demand. I've been to My Sky. Everything is set up. I just can't see where you activate it. :-(
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: How do I activate sky + on demand

You should be able to do this via this page by logging in and then hitting the "add to basket" button:

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/anytime-plus/

If you are still having problems call Sky and they will do it for you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
colinmcguigan

ignore the 'useful' link posted above!

do the obvious stuff like connecting your box to your router (which sky have went to pointlessly great lengths to explain)

then with your remote control go to OPTIONS then CUSTOMISE, and switch on 'Broadband Network Connection'

(which sky for some strange reason do not mention on allll their 'helpful' instructions)

took me a while to realise.

wow sky are soooo annoying with things like this, they just assume you already have it switched on!

Super User
caesarome

colinmcguigan wrote:

ignore the 'useful' link posted above!

The 'useful' link above was for Anytime+ which is now being replaced by on demand so the link obviously doesn't contain information you need, seeing as this is an old topic you have posted in.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
colinmcguigan

Thanks for your helpful reply :smileyhappy:

Neither the subject or question states Anytime+, it refers to Sky+ On Demand.

Yes it's a very old post, over 3 months old now!

Considering some non-Sky broadband customers will be just getting round to connecting their Sky+ box to their broadband, like me for example who only received an email from Sky about it 4 days ago, the question is still relevant.

If Sky was installed without Sky Broadband then 'Broadband Network Connection' was probably not switched on, like mine wasn't.

Sky's webpages either keep giving the same instructions or send you back to the original page. It's annoying!

When you open this webpage http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/on-demand/set-up/ maybe it could instruct your customers to switch on the Broadband Network Connection on their sky box (not obvious), in addition to actually connecting an ethernet cable etc (fairly obvious).

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/on-demand/using-sky-on-demand/i-cant-see-the-on-demand-service/ first asks if you have 'activated' on demand, which I hadn't. I then checked 'My Package' and on demand was listed under TV Package Extras (but it still wasn't working so therefore I assumed it was still not 'activated').

Sky then instruct to 'activate' on demand sending you to this page http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/on-demand/ which states 'get on demand free - add to basket', which then just adds Multiroom to your basket! Considering I was signed in as a Sky customer surely your system was aware I already have Sky and just wanted On Demand, the whole page is about On Demand. Again it also instructs you how to set up On Demand, but no mention of the Broadband Network Connection on the Sky+ box. It also again says to activate through 'My Sky' which takes you back to http://www.sky.com/mysky/makethemost/on-demand/ and still no mention of the Broadband Network Connection on the box.

Finally... back on http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/on-demand/using-sky-on-demand/i-cant-see-the-on-demand-service/  it then instructs to check the network settings on your Sky+ box... ahhhh at last.

Perhaps instead of repeatedly saying on most webpages to 'activate' on demand, which I now know was done automatically for me ('activate' seems to mean ermmmm have Sky), the instructions could be more concise.

Maybe the Broadband Network Connection on the Sky box should be 1st on the instructions.

Thanks again for your reply explaining 'the link obviously doesn't contain information you need'. I apologise for 'obviously' not knowing the question was posted before On Demand replaced Anytime+, considering the question asked 'How do I activate sky+ ON DEMAND'!

Occasional Visitor
sudders

Spent 3 days trying to get connected, did what you suggested....BOB ON!!!! thank you

colinmcguigan

glad I helped :smileyhappy:

(and I'm not even a 'Super User' :smileywink:)

BazG

[ Edited ]

colinmcguigan wrote:

glad I helped :smileyhappy:

(and I'm not even a 'Super User' :smileywink:)

No you are not, but you are being quite sarcastic about someone who tried to help the author of this thread and that is uncalled for, so next time when YOU need some help, people might not be so forthcoming.

colinmcguigan

cheers Baz for rubbing it in that I am not a 'Super User' :smileyhappy: I hope one day I will be, perhaps you share that same dream?

Do Super Users get paid I wonder?

My first reply was not sarcastic. As I have previously stated, the question is still relevant and my helpful response/solution is apt. The link is useless for the still current problem.

I do however think the Super User's response to me was sarcastic, so I hope Super Users do not get paid!

I apologise to YOU for coming across as sarcastic :smileyhappy:

I am also glad I got a kudos point from someone who did need help and it was my answer that solved their problem.

Kindest Regards.

Occasional Visitor
mick65

Excellent advise thank you, worked straight away and save me a 15 min phone call to all the sky departments cheers!

Occasional Visitor
BRLD

Thanks Colin, I was going round and round in circles for ages on this tonight trying to figure out what I was missing! If only that bit about the network connection written in the set up guide - it'd only take 5 minutes to set up!

colinmcguigan

you're very welcome Mick & BRLD :smileyhappy:

but oi! BRLD! where's my kudos point? just joking :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
sueahall

Helped me today. I was very confused with Sky's way to solve it. You were spot on Colin.

Occasional Visitor
Moppy41

Thank you so much for this advice. Sky website is absolutely usless!!!! After an hour of trying to work the ruddy thing out,Im on it now!!

Regular Visitor
xxkatxx1

Hi, my box is fully connected to the internet and I have just 'ordered' the on demand service vis the sky website however my box is still not showing the update. What further steps need to be taken in order for this to work?