Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Borondoleader
Accepted Solution

How can I take off pin to view some channels?

Hi,

It´s pretty uncomfortable to type PIN to get access to some channels. Would it be possible to avoid?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
kato

Re: How can I take off pin to view some channels?

Press services on your remote,scroll right until you get to parental settings.You can manage pin protection from here,but you will find some programmes do still require your pin.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Robert

[ Edited ]

Hi Borondoleader,

Welcome to the Help Forum,

It is possible to change the PIN settings as kato has mentioned above however you will not be able to remove the PIN prompt from Sky Movies channels during the daytime as this is a regulatory requirement due to certain films being broadcast pre-watershed.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
skysnotthelimit

Really!?! That's funny as I have been going along fine without entering a pin for oh...... maybe 4 years now. And it isn't because I have an old box because I have just moved, been given a brand new box and still am not required to enter a pin. So if you'd like to explain that away please?!? However I now have a unique problem as i just got multiroom today and my 'main' box requires no pin, but secondary now does. I'm just about to call CS and if they give me any OFCOM cods wallop then I want the whole sky world package taken away. WITH SKY IT'S JUST ALL LIES LIES LIES!
Staff (Retired)
GregorA

Hi skysnotthelimit,

I can appreciate your frustration towards this issue which can be rather irritating for yourself, however my colleague has answered your question on another thread so if you click here, it will take you straight to the post.

Regards.

Occasional Visitor
boomshank

Noooo press services scroll to parental press select enter ur pin then press blue button to turn pin restrictions and again if ya want to put them on again. Job done me old muckers enjoy :smileyhappy: