Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
davetf
Accepted Solution

How can I rebuild "on demand"

I had a problem with subtitles on the new "on demand" progam guide. I contacted Help and Support and was told to complete a Software Download. After I had completed this I had lost the new on demand program  guide and had the old "anytime" version. I was then asked to complete a Planner Rebuild. I did this but still have the old style program guide. Despite contacting Help and Support 3 days ago I still need answers.

Can anyone help?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
kirkie50

Hi davetf   Sorry to hear you are having a problem with O...

Hi davetf

Sorry to hear you are having a problem with On Demand.

Could you try another planner rebuild please. If you still have an issue post on the relevant forum board and we will look into this further for you.

planner rebuild

Here are the steps for a Sky+HD box:

1. Press services on your Sky remote control and you will see the main menu with Options highlighted.

2. Highlight the Settings menu using the right arrow button and press select.

3. Press 0 (zero), 1 then select to access the Installer Setup menu (this menu is not listed on the Settings menu options).

4. Use the left/right arrows to highlight Rebuild (this will change to Sky+ Rebuild when reached) and press select.

5. The on-screen message "This will take a few minutes to complete. The rebuild will stop all recordings and reboot your Sky+" will appear. Press select to continue.

6. The on-screen message "Housekeeping please wait" will appear and take up to two minutes to clear. If your Sky+HD box continues to display this message for longer than two minutes please carry out a power reset by turning the box off/on at the mains power with the viewing card removed. Then try this procedure again.

7. Once complete your Sky+HD box will switch itself off and then back on automatically displaying the red standby light.

8. Ensure the standby light on the box has re-appeared, then wait for 4 minutes.

9. Press sky your remote control and the light on your Sky+HD box will turn green.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

If you have Samsung or Pace box, forcing a software downl...

If you have Samsung or Pace box, forcing a software download will result in the old software being installed on your Sky. This is to allow customers who are having problems with the latest software to revert to the previous version. At some point Sky will put the latest software containing the On Demand update on the download stream and you'll be able to upgrade again. Sky don't publicise a timescale for this, so you'll need to keep trying.